Help! Something is wrong with my Saturn!

Remembering the games of yesteryear.

Help! Something is wrong with my Saturn!

Postby MrKite » Fri Mar 26, '10, 6:13 am

Okay, when I push the power button, the green light goes on and the screen flickers briefly to show that it's on, but that's about it! All I see is a black screen and don't hear anything. I had to change the battery in the back of the system recently, but I don't know if that has anything to do with it.
Mr. Kite, FOA's resident Alys Brangwin fanboy. Thank you Lyla2284 for making this pic that I used to make this sig.

MrKite
Sage
Sage

Achievements: 59

Re: Help! Something is wrong with my Saturn!

Postby Oakley2284 » Fri Mar 26, '10, 1:40 pm

Maybe check your wire behind your Saturn. Maybe its just a wire who was connected wrong. Reconnect all you wire just for make sure...
Oakley AW2284, on planet Motavia
Oakley2284
Sage
Sage

Achievements: 105

Postby MrKite » Fri Mar 26, '10, 3:57 pm

I did. And it still didn't help. What happened? It was working fine when I played it last week! And what stinks even more is that I can't play the new game I got for it because of this problem whatever it is.
Mr. Kite, FOA's resident Alys Brangwin fanboy. Thank you Lyla2284 for making this pic that I used to make this sig.

MrKite
Sage
Sage

Postby Thoul » Fri Mar 26, '10, 4:26 pm

If you can, try using it with a different TV. Maybe it's a problem with the TV itself. If you get the same result on another TV, I'd suspect the problem is either in the cables or the battery. Either could have gone bad.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Postby MrKite » Fri Mar 26, '10, 4:39 pm

Thoul wrote:If you can, try using it with a different TV. Maybe it's a problem with the TV itself. If you get the same result on another TV, I'd suspect the problem is either in the cables or the battery. Either could have gone bad.

The battery is used for save data, and I did try it on two different TVs.

MrKite
Sage
Sage

Postby Thoul » Fri Mar 26, '10, 4:47 pm

Probably the cables or something inside the system went bad, then. I suppose like most consoles it uses some kind of non-standard cables to connect to the TV, so you can't just swap them out for generic A/V cables to try that.

I don't suppose you know anyone else locally that has a Saturn? If so, I'd suggest trying their cable on your system or vice versa. That's probably unlikely given the age of the system though.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Postby MrKite » Fri Mar 26, '10, 5:11 pm

Thoul wrote:Probably the cables or something inside the system went bad, then. I suppose like most consoles it uses some kind of non-standard cables to connect to the TV, so you can't just swap them out for generic A/V cables to try that.

I don't suppose you know anyone else locally that has a Saturn? If so, I'd suggest trying their cable on your system or vice versa. That's probably unlikely given the age of the system though.

Can't say I do know anyone else locally. I tried unhooking the cables from the system for a while, like perhaps a few hours and then I'll hook 'em back up, but I don't know if that will do anything. I'm still wondering if switching the back-up data battery had something to do with this or something, but I'm not sure how that could've been possible.

MrKite
Sage
Sage

Postby Celeith » Mon Mar 29, '10, 1:26 am

Is it the old cable with the box that lets you change between channel 3 and 4. Is it on the right channel? My Saturn is giving me problems to.. I get this static noise from my living room tv, but not my bedroom tv. I got a new cord on order from Ebay so it should fix it. (Wiggled the cord around and it fixes it, but the knob thing is really loose).
Cele~Chan Streaming
Saturday at 8pm cst and Sunday at 6pm cst.
The Subscribe button is just a click away.
Celeith
Palman
Palman

Achievements: 111

Postby Rick » Mon Mar 29, '10, 4:17 am

I suppose like most consoles it uses some kind of non-standard cables to connect to the TV, so you can't just swap them out for generic A/V cables to try that.

Did you know that if you have a AV cable for the gamecube, it can work on a SNES?

I needed one for my old SNES and my Gamecube AV cable hooks right in.

I didn't wanna hook up a RF Modulator and mess with the cable line.

So if Sega follows suit.. if you had a dreamcast av cable, it might fit the Saturn as well.

The AV cable might be bad.
Rick
Android
Android

Achievements: 49

Postby Thoul » Mon Mar 29, '10, 4:58 am

Nintendo's actually pretty good about doing stuff like that. The GBA SP and original DS both used the same power cord. I think there was something interchangable between the NES and SNES as well, but I can't recall if it was a power cord or A/V cable.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Next

Return to Retro Roundup