Disney/Pixar's Up

Chat about your latest viewings of the big screen movies.

Disney/Pixar's Up

Postby Tweeg » Sat Jun 6, '09, 5:15 am

Up is the last of the planned at conception Pixar movies. Meaning all Pixar movies up through now, with the exception of Toy Story 2, had already been planned when Pixar Studios was initially founded.

For those not aware, Up is a 3D movie. Be prepared to pay a few dollars more for the movie ticket to cover the required 3D glasses rental fee. Sorry to admit that this was the first 3D movie I'd ever scene, sort of, so I wasn't quite smart enough to figure out that my 3D glasses weren't working (they're electronic) until the movie was almost over. Note: if the movie looks insanely dark and blurry then your glasses aren't working.

Overall the movie was quite good. Though I must warn, and to quote one of my co-workers, there were scenes that didn't leave a dry eye in the screening room.
WELCOME TO THE NEXT LEVEL --- SEGA
PSO Archive
Tweeg
Esper Elder
Esper Elder

Achievements: 52

Re: Disney/Pixar's Up

Postby Thoul » Sat Jun 6, '09, 12:45 pm

I haven't been to see a 3D movie in ages. So they rent the glasses to you now, huh? Interesting. I wondered how that worked. I usually don't go for the Pixar movies, but Up looks like a fun one. I'll probably wait for the DVD, but I look forward to seeing it sometime.

I'm sure Pixar will be able to keep going strong. They may have used up their initial ideas now, but the overall popularity and quality of their productions should ensure they can bring in enough new ideas to continue.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Re: Disney/Pixar's Up

Postby Schala Zeal » Mon Jun 8, '09, 2:42 am

I wanna see Up! It looks like a cute movie and I heard it was great! I've liked previous Disney/Pixar stuff, so I'm sure I'd like this one, too.
Schala Zeal
Guardian
Guardian

Achievements: 21

Return to Feature Films