Where do you get your games?

Discussing all the gaming matters not covered in the other forums.

Where do you get your games?

Postby Thoul » Fri May 4, '07, 9:14 pm

Where do you buy most of your new games from? Do you get them from a gaming store like Gamestop, or buy online from a place like Amazon.com or eBay? Maybe you go through a department store, or some other place?

I tend to get mine from all over. :lol: Lately though, I've been sticking with local stores, usually Wal-Mart or K-Mart. I used to buy a lot on eBay, but the last time I tried that I got stiffed. It's hard to get a good deal there now, too.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Postby Sharline » Sat May 5, '07, 10:43 am

I just buy them from stores. Currently I don't have a credit/debit card, or PayPal acount, so I can't buy online.
Sharline
Innkeeper
Innkeeper

Achievements: 1

Re: Where do you get your games?

Postby Thoul » Mon May 7, '07, 5:21 pm

Yeah, that has cut into my online buying a lot, too. I have Paypal now, but I've gotten out of the habit of looking for stuff online. It was much easier to buy stuff online a few years back, when everyone accepted money orders or checks.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Postby Neithird » Tue May 8, '07, 8:48 pm

I mostly buy from department stores. There are no game stores around here, and I don't like ordering fragile things like games by mail.
:clyde: · · · :pacman: · · · · · · ● · · · · :inky: · · ·
"Freedom is the right of all sentient beings." ~ Optimus Prime
Neithird
Sage
Sage

Achievements: 21

Postby Triumvirate » Tue May 15, '07, 1:23 am

Mostly I buy from someplace like EB Games/Gamestop. I occasionally buy online from Amazon.com, but that's basically it. I also love to check Amazon for hard to find games as sometimes they have in stock (or eventually get in stock) games that no one else seems to have, and it is often cheaper than trying to get a rare game off eBay.
Triumvirate
Innkeeper
Innkeeper

Achievements: 1

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Tue Sep 11, '07, 4:42 pm

GameStop seems to be a pretty good source for games, including lots of used games.

I recently happened by some of these stores - didn't they use to be Electronics Boutique, or have some connection somehow. The ones I recently saw were located where I remember the old EB stores to be.

Toys'RUs has a fairly good selection of games from what I also recently saw, but nothing like what they used to have. These stores have really changed and sized down a lot, it seemed to me. :grumpy:

:rose: Happy 27th Anniversary Fringes Of Algo :rose:
~ Founded April 01, 1997 ~

Silver_Surfer1

Achievements: 499

Postby The $ Avenger » Wed Sep 12, '07, 1:20 am

I have been buying entirely online lately, split between Gamestop and Amazon, trending more to the latter as of late when I can pitch a game in with some books. :up:
"Impossible is just a word people use to make themselves feel better when they quit." Vyse, Skies of Arcadia Legends.
The $ Avenger
Esper Elder
Esper Elder

Achievements: 7

Postby Yoshi » Fri Oct 5, '07, 10:48 pm

Gamestop. :clap:
Yoshi
Agent
Agent

Achievements: 102

Return to General Gaming