Have you ever had to return a game?

Discussing all the gaming matters not covered in the other forums.

Have you ever had to return a game?

Postby Thoul » Wed Sep 26, '07, 2:57 am

Have you ever bought a new game and had to return it because it was damaged or wouldn't work?

I was reading about some people's troubles with Halo 3; apparently the discs come loose and get scratched in the package very easily. It made me think about my own experiences. I've been pretty lucky, except for a couple of times when I bought games off eBay that didn't work. There have been a few other close calls, like Dark Cloud, which hangs up at a certain point early on.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Wed Sep 26, '07, 6:52 pm

I don't think I have ever had to return a game, but I really can't remember. I wouldn't be surprised, though, it seems I've had to return so much stuff that doesn't work right for some reason. They just don't make products these days like they used to.

:innocent:

:rose: Happy 27th Anniversary Fringes Of Algo :rose:
~ Founded April 01, 1997 ~

Silver_Surfer1

Achievements: 499

Postby The $ Avenger » Wed Sep 26, '07, 11:59 pm

I had a Fallout: Tactics disc that was shaded a strange color on the bottom, but installed ok after three tries. Then I changed OS and tried to re-install it, but it wouldn't work. Too bad it was after the return date. Oh well, the game stunk.

I also returned a copy of Madden 2006 for being defective, but it turned out that the laser was bad on my X-Box. I certainly got my use out of the X-Box before it croaked though :skull: ; it was my DVD player and sometimes stereo. The soundtrack feature on the X-Box was awesome; I loved playing games to my music!

Those are the only returns I remember. I don't think I had any others.
"Impossible is just a word people use to make themselves feel better when they quit." Vyse, Skies of Arcadia Legends.
The $ Avenger
Esper Elder
Esper Elder

Achievements: 7

Postby The $ Avenger » Tue Oct 2, '07, 12:46 am

This is another system issue, but when I brought my Dreamcast back out about a year and a half ago, it croaked in the Valuan Catacombs. Anybody else have a DC? I think the drive in it was horrible; those loading sounded like an electronic seizure! I think all those random encounter loads from SoA killed it... :(
"Impossible is just a word people use to make themselves feel better when they quit." Vyse, Skies of Arcadia Legends.
The $ Avenger
Esper Elder
Esper Elder

Postby Thoul » Tue Oct 2, '07, 5:48 am

If anything would kill, it'd be those encounters. That game was filled to the brim with them. I still have my DC, but I haven't used it in years. I've heard of them failing before.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Postby Snorb » Tue Oct 2, '07, 8:37 pm

Every time I play the PS2 version of From Russia With Love, the disc is constantly getting accessed as I'm playing. I don't know if the PS2's threatening to go on me, or if that's normal for every copy of the game...

Bought a copy of Xenogears used. Crashed on me when I fought Redrum in the sewers. That was four years ago. Haven't played it since. =/
Snorb

Achievements: 124

Postby Atolm » Tue Oct 2, '07, 11:20 pm

I still have my DC and it works fine still!

Snorb: That is terrible to hear! Xenogears is such a great game too!
Dark Force: This is the best chocolate cupcake EVAR! *stuffs face*
Atolm
Guardian
Guardian

Achievements: 27

Postby The $ Avenger » Wed Oct 3, '07, 1:41 am

Atolm wrote:I still have my DC and it works fine still!
Glad to hear that. Maybe the laser got messed up during my last move. All those college moves weren't great on CD systems!
The $ Avenger
Esper Elder
Esper Elder

Return to General Gaming