No Caffiene Coke 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Other - explain in post 33%  33%  [ 2 ]
None - I don't like Coke 17%  17%  [ 1 ]
Total votes : 6
 Post subject: Have A Coke Day!
PostPosted: Thu May 8, '08, 7:29 pm 
Today, May 8, is " Have a coke day "! :clap:

So, is there anyone out there who does NOT like a coke? :blank:

I think this must be one of the most popular drinks ever and certainly one of the most recognizable ones practically anywhere in the world today.

Sounds like a great day to me! (And as difficult as this day has been so far, I could really use a stiff drink right now, lol). :p

So, pardon me, while I go and " celebrate " this day and " have a coke ". :hyper: :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 9, '08, 5:17 pm 
Personally me, I liked vanilla coke. However I don't think they make it nenymore and stuff which makes me sad. I really want one right now. :cry:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 10, '08, 7:43 am 
After one of my teeth dissolved while sipping coke, I don't think I'll ever drink it again. Its too bubbly, and soda isn't soda when you let the fizz go out.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 16, '08, 6:31 am 
I wish it was Have a Pepsi day or Have a Dr. Pepper Day or Have a 7 up day. Coke is too sweet. :p

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, '08, 11:08 am 
american coke is disgusting. in europe (and i'm sure other places), coke isn't made with corn syrup, but with actual sugar. this makes it taste a lot less thick and a lot more like an actual drink.

from wikipedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coca-Cola):
There is also some concern regarding the usage of high fructose corn syrup in the production of Coca-Cola. Since 1985 in the U.S., Coke has been made with high fructose corn syrup, instead of sugar glucose or fructose, to reduce costs. This has come under criticism because of concerns that the corn used to produce corn syrup may come from genetically altered plants.[52] Some nutritionists also caution against consumption of high fructose corn syrup because of possible links to obesity and type-2 diabetes.[53]

the eu also has a lot stricter laws on what people consume, another reason why the recipe is changed. just saying.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, '08, 10:21 pm 
luke wrote: Since 1985 in the U.S., Coke has been made with high fructose corn syrup, instead of sugar glucose or fructose, to reduce costs. This has come under criticism because of concerns that the corn used to produce corn syrup may come from genetically altered plants.[52] Some nutritionists also caution against consumption of high fructose corn syrup because of possible links to obesity and type-2 diabetes.[53]

luke, believe it or not, I actually remember when they started making Coke different, and it tasted a WHOLE HECK OF A LOT BETTER then than it does now. The other way may not have been so good or healthy for everyone, but it sure tasted better, atleast in my opinion.

Page 1 of 1  [ 6 posts ]