Harry Potter

Sports, movies, music, TV, and other forms of fun.

Harry Potter

Postby Divine Dragon » Tue Jul 17, '07, 10:48 am

Yes, you may have heard this name before...

I am, very much a huge Harry Potter fan. So far, I have read all the books and seen all the films. The games aren't too bad either in fact.

I was just curious if anyone else out there liked this Wizarding wonder.

On Thursday, I'll be seeing The Order of the Phoenix again, and that very night, at midnight, I'll be buying the final book... I'm all a shudder with excitement.

As you all know, no spoilers please without the appropriate measures in place.
Divine Dragon
Cyborg
Cyborg

Achievements: 20

Re: Harry Potter

Postby Atlinsmere » Tue Jul 17, '07, 10:33 pm

I'm a fan of it to an extent. I've read up to The Order of the Phoenix and watched up to Goblet of Fire. The games are alright and I am looking in libraries to find the 6th book (Half Blood Prince isn't it?) but failed to find the book. I used to visit the website and joined the site but not so much anymore. Did I forget to mention I once used to look just like Harry Potter when I had my circular glasses and longer, messier hair (guess you could say I looked like Harry Potter just without the british accent). :lol:
A simple text based signature? That's impossible!
Atlinsmere

Achievements: 392

Postby Tsunami » Tue Jul 17, '07, 11:45 pm

I've read up to the Goblet of Fire and seen a few movies. The movies are better than I thought they'd be. (considering that many movies based off books usually turn out horrid) I don't think I'll read anymore books unless I decide to go to the library or something...I won't bother buying a book when I'll only read it once. :lol:
Tsunami
Numan
Numan

Achievements: 22

Postby Thoul » Wed Jul 18, '07, 6:12 am

A fan I'm not, but I've watched some of the movies when they were shown on TV. I will probably never read the books or go out of my way to see the movies. If there's nothing else on and one is being shown on TV, I may watch it, but that's the limit of my exposure to the series.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Postby Divine Dragon » Wed Jul 18, '07, 3:26 pm

Ahh, it pains me to hear there aren't any fans as dedicated as I.. yet anyway..:hmm:

Turns out the seventh book release has been pushed back a day.. how odd.
Divine Dragon
Cyborg
Cyborg

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Thu Jul 19, '07, 2:04 am

I'm not much a fan of Harry Potter either (the books or the movies). Just never got into it. I did see the actor who plays the role of Harry Potter on a Larry King Live show last week, I think it was. They talked about the movie and stuff.

I also saw something somewhere, I don't recall if it was on that show or elsewhere, about a lady that would not let her kids watch or read Harry Potter because of the magic/religious/good and evil significance issue, so to speak, but she had changed her mind after all these years and had now decided that Harry Potter wasn't "bad" at all but rather fighting on the side of "good", I guess you could say. I found that interesting.

:rose: Happy 27th Anniversary Fringes Of Algo :rose:
~ Founded April 01, 1997 ~

Silver_Surfer1

Achievements: 499

Postby Dr. Casey » Thu Jul 19, '07, 2:36 am

Divine Dragon wrote:Ahh, it pains me to hear there aren't any fans as dedicated as I.. yet anyway..:hmm:

Wait, what? I thought it was coming out on the 21st, just as always.
Dr. Casey
Citizen
Citizen

Achievements: 3

Postby Divine Dragon » Thu Jul 19, '07, 5:16 am

Dr. Casey wrote:
Divine Dragon wrote:Ahh, it pains me to hear there aren't any fans as dedicated as I.. yet anyway..:hmm:

Wait, what? I thought it was coming out on the 21st, just as always.
:hmm: So why was the 20th mentioned... sometime anyway.. :hmm: interesting.
Divine Dragon
Cyborg
Cyborg

Postby Tsunami » Thu Jul 19, '07, 5:43 am

Secret_Surfer wrote:I also saw something somewhere, I don't recall if it was on that show or elsewhere, about a lady that would not let her kids watch or read Harry Potter because of the magic/religious/good and evil significance issue, so to speak, but she had changed her mind after all these years and had now decided that Harry Potter wasn't "bad" at all but rather fighting on the side of "good", I guess you could say. I found that interesting.

That reminds me of a girl who I knew back in the 6th grade. She said that her mom wouldn't allow her to read Harry Potter books because of religious beliefs. Though, I think that stems from the fact that some people may believe all magic to be "evil" and related to the devil in some way, and they think that it may corrupt children's minds. :p Though I think that can only be said about real-life "magic" (not talking about magicians who do illusions and magic tricks :D) practiced by people who claim to be witches, etc. rather than fictional storybook characters. (unless, in the story, they include the devil or something freaky like that)

Harry Potter doesn't have anything bad in it, not that I know of.

For the parents who worry about stuff like that...I think it's ridiculous. They should know better, and if they're really concerned, then they should educate their children. Knowledge is the key to understanding, after all.
Tsunami
Numan
Numan

Achievements: 22

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Thu Jul 19, '07, 11:09 pm

Tsunami wrote:For the parents who worry about stuff like that...I think it's ridiculous. They should know better, and if they're really concerned, then they should educate their children. Knowledge is the key to understanding, after all.

Well said, Tsunami! I totally agree with you. :yes:
Silver_Surfer1

Achievements: 499

Next

Return to Entertainment