Hardest game?

Discuss the saga of Algo, where the legend began.

Re: Hardest game?

Postby vontrapp » Fri Aug 20, '10, 7:31 pm

For me PS2 as I still have not completed past the second dam yet, the dungeons are a nightmare. The other 3 I really didn't have trouble with my only excuse for PS1 was that I really enjoyed the grinding and easily lost focus on the next objective just to see how long it took for me to out power the local beasts :)
vontrapp
Agent
Agent

Achievements: 43

Postby Aeroprism » Fri Aug 20, '10, 8:09 pm

Fun question.

PS1 was frustrating at times and Dark Falz is the hardest end boss I have ever seen simply because of crappy mathematical design, he's incredibly unpredictable in his damage output.

PS2 was a lot easier. All the bosses are easy pushovers, except maybe DF should he choose to possess too many of your party at once. As for the dungeons, come prepared and with enough healing items with the appropriate level and you'll be fine.

PS3 is a joke. There is absolutely no hard part. Every time I complete it, I end up doing at at a lower and lower level because there are areas where I simply skip the meseta grinding to ignore gear purchase.

PS4, if you never run and properly upgrade your gear is also a joke.

Now, the fun ones are PSO and PSU.

PSU is a joke, it's never hard. Play a hunter and destroy everything, eyes closed, it's as simple as that. Play as a ranger and cry because your guns are always empty. Play as a Force and cry because you're dead.

Want hard? PSO. Try beating Olga Flow in Ultimate mode, online. Even offline, which is substantially easier. This guy hits like a cement truck. On fire. With rabid dogs in it. The dogs are also on fire, but they're ok with it because they're rabid, cement-truck riding dogs from hell.

Yup
Last edited by Aeroprism on Fri Aug 20, '10, 8:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Aeroprism
Numan
Numan

Achievements: 95

Postby Tanith » Sat Aug 21, '10, 3:13 am

Aeroprism wrote:Want hard? PSO. Try beating Olga Flow in Ultimate mode, online. Even offline, which is substantially easier. This guy hits like a cement truck. On fire. With rabid dogs in it. The dogs are also on fire, but they're ok with it because they're rabid, cement-truck riding dogs from hell.
That, uh, sounds hard? ;)

I suppose I consider PSII the hardest, though PSI has its moments. PSIV's boss battles takes some finesse and carefully planned attacks until you get Megid. The rest of the game is easy, but most of the non-PD bosses were fun and I enjoyed the strategy involved in defeating them. It's really hard for me to consider any of the original games hard, though. The first two, which are usually considered the hardest, are more a test of patience and memorization (for the dungeons) than anything else.
Tanith
Palman
Palman

Achievements: 204

Postby hugues » Sat Aug 21, '10, 6:36 pm

I also have to go with PSII - the Dezorian dungeons are some of the hardest I've been through in any game. It's only compounded by the fact they none of them are easy to get to in the first place. You've already taken quite a beating before you even walk in the door.

Throwing Blasters at you early in the game is another rough spot. They can wipe out your entire party in 2 rounds at that stage in the game.
hugues
Android
Android

Achievements: 32

Postby Flames of Yagami » Sat Aug 21, '10, 6:54 pm

hugues wrote:I also have to go with PSII - the Dezorian dungeons are some of the hardest I've been through in any game. It's only compounded by the fact they none of them are easy to get to in the first place. You've already taken quite a beating before you even walk in the door.

Throwing Blasters at you early in the game is another rough spot. They can wipe out your entire party in 2 rounds at that stage in the game.

Yeah I hated those Dezo dungeons as well as the dams. Gonna have to go with PSII obviously. PSI had its moments though.
Flames of Yagami
Alisa Pilot
Alisa Pilot

Achievements: 212

Postby Tanith » Sat Aug 21, '10, 7:09 pm

hugues wrote:Throwing Blasters at you early in the game is another rough spot. They can wipe out your entire party in 2 rounds at that stage in the game.
Yes! The Blasters in Nido: how could I forget? If they ambush you, you're dead, plain and simple. Even if you survive the ambush, you won't be able to recover enough to attack again.
Tanith
Palman
Palman

Achievements: 204

Postby Lyla2284 » Sat Aug 21, '10, 7:29 pm

Any of you ever tried to go through PS2 with no maps and being under leveled? That's what I do. I lurve a challenge. And my chars never die. :D
Lyla2284
Numan
Numan

Achievements: 78

Previous

Return to Classic Series