Hardest game?

Discuss the saga of Algo, where the legend began.

Hardest game?

Postby Neithird » Wed Mar 28, '07, 2:41 pm

Which game do you think was the hardest Phantasy Star to complete? I think it was Phantasy Star 2. Those dungeons were rough! :o The later games were much easier compared to that.

PS3 was kind of hard to finish, too. Not because the game was hard, but it got boring to do through the same dungeons over and over in the four endings! :P
:clyde: · · · :pacman: · · · · · · ● · · · · :inky: · · ·
"Freedom is the right of all sentient beings." ~ Optimus Prime
Neithird
Sage
Sage

Achievements: 21

Re: Hardest game?

Postby Thoul » Wed Mar 28, '07, 5:47 pm

I agree, PSII was definitely the most difficult. PSI was kind of hard too, if you don't have maps of the dungeons. It's easy to get lost in them.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Postby Tsunami » Thu May 3, '07, 11:08 pm

PSI was the hardest for me. The dungeons were always the part that was really difficult, since you basically have to memorize the twists and turns.
Tsunami
Numan
Numan

Achievements: 22

Postby The $ Avenger » Sat Jun 9, '07, 2:04 am

I've got to go with PSI. Even when I finally beat it, I still was running from all the battles to keep my strength up for Baya Malay. That one was rough!
"Impossible is just a word people use to make themselves feel better when they quit." Vyse, Skies of Arcadia Legends.
The $ Avenger
Esper Elder
Esper Elder

Achievements: 7

Postby LordShibas » Tue Nov 13, '07, 3:56 am

I found PS II to be the hardest. I played PS so many times that I had maps of Baya Malay drawn in depth. PS II was a little harder I thought.
III and IV were fairly easy IMO.
LordShibas
Cyborg
Cyborg

Achievements: 9

Postby SparkyIII » Tue Nov 13, '07, 4:44 am

lol PS2 was the hardest, for sure. I have beat, both 4 and 3, but haven't even gotten past the 2nd cave in the 2nd. XDDD
Everything has a pattern. Something set. Even random things. They aren't random at all, its complex mathematics. The trick is to find the pattern. Then you can exploit it.

People think things have a certain end. Taxes. Work. Due dates don't really exist. Trust me. When you put a band of world scholars in the same room, and set them on talking about anything, the most interesting topics come up. The existence of negative time. The probability of "random occurrence". The government's involvement in the media. And falsified due dates. They aren't real, trust me....
SparkyIII
Sage
Sage

Achievements: 40

Postby Heikabuchi » Wed Nov 14, '07, 12:23 am

Personaly, PS1 was the hardest for me. You had no indication on where to go at any point in the game. You were met with enemies that were often stronger than you were in the first few minutes of starting a new game.

Second would most likely be PS2. I could never get past the first dungeon until I was 15. x_X
Heikabuchi
Esper Novice
Esper Novice

Achievements: 42

Postby Lucas » Fri Aug 20, '10, 1:46 pm

Phantasy Star II was easily the hardest then maybe Phantasy Star 1. PSIII in my opinion was the easiest game of the classics.

"It's always fun to kill a god." ~ Akuma (Marvel vs. Capcom 3)
Lucas
Protector
Protector

Achievements: 175

Postby Lyla2284 » Fri Aug 20, '10, 2:00 pm

PS2 without a doubt. Strangely enough, it wasn't the battles that were so hard ( I rarely got character deaths, even when Amy joined for the first time), but the dungeon designs. Those guys were sadists. :D I never really played PS1, because first-person dungeons just don't agree with me.

No comment on PS4 and 3's difficulty.
Lyla2284
Numan
Numan

Achievements: 78

Postby tilinelson2 » Fri Aug 20, '10, 3:23 pm

By far Phantasy Star II. The dungeons are insane, you lose too much time on them and you may get your party killed easily in the last Dezoris dungeons if you don't find the right path fast. Besides that, the game is too long because of the huge mazes. Not to count that, without the Visiphone trick, you just can't save outside towns.

Phantasy Star I has more or less the same problems with fewer mazes, particularly Baya Malay, Medusa Tower and the mazes where you find the Laconia Sword and Shield. Some random encounters with Marauders and Magicians spoil the attempts to reach the objectives in these mazes because of the Thunder magic.

Phantasy Star III is a lot easier than the others. The beginning is a bit hard, but once you pick up, you don't have further problems.

Phantasy Star IV is just navigate and press buttons to read the history. This is good for people who got hooked on the history, but took the challenge aspect of the game. The game could have made the combination attacks and skills a lot more interesting if it was harder, but you can usually beat it with your characters without knowing any combination attack, not using most of the skills and never needing to level up.
A person only sees and hears what he wants to see and hear and disregards the rest.
tilinelson2
Sage
Sage

Achievements: 277

Next

Return to Classic Series