Happy Trio

Have you tried your hand at fan art or original art? Show us here!

Happy Trio

Happy Trio

View Gallery Page

Happy Trio

Postby Atlinsmere » Wed Sep 8, '10, 3:25 am

This was the art that was submitted in mine and Kaloes' art contest we had. In the order of left to right we have Chris Federle (Me), Ami Laruna, and Mathew Fischer (last name pending).

Keep in mind that some of these designs are still under constructio, for example, Matt has a new design. He now has a ponytail and no hat. So this is technically short haired Matt? >.>

Atlinsmere wrote:Here's my entry for our contest. As you can see, it's me, Ami, and the new guy I created, Matt. Yes, this is the guy who's Journal you've been reading. =P I spent a great deal of time on this. This particular pose with Chris and Ami was inspired by this image. This is my new original style, and so far I'm pretty happy with it, even though it took a lot of time.
A simple text based signature? That's impossible!
Atlinsmere

Achievements: 392

Re: Happy Trio

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Wed Sep 8, '10, 6:35 am

Terrific drawing, Atlin! :clap: It will be interesting to see Matt with a ponytail, etc., although I like him this way also. Looking forward to reading more of his story also.

I very much enjoy how you make it seem like your characters are always progressing, expanding, or growing, if you will. I also like the interaction between them all that we see here. And, the emotions they each express are amazing. You've done a tremendous work with all 3 characters.

Any chance we may see this one in color some day?

:rose: Happy 27th Anniversary Fringes Of Algo :rose:
~ Founded April 01, 1997 ~

Silver_Surfer1

Achievements: 499

Postby Atlinsmere » Wed Sep 8, '10, 7:04 am

Thanks SS. Since I'm still imagining him with a ponytail, I have a bit of work to do with him before I get his design right.

And well, if I weren't expanding as an artist I wouldn't be an artist now would I? =P Since I know myself the best, I'm working on Matt's background first than I'll move onto Ami. I plan on making a little world in the future that revolves around these three characters. Once I'm done the redesign with Matt, I do plan on redesigning Ami a little bit to better fit in with my imagination.

And as for this image being coloured, I might do it sometime, but then again, I might just leave it and redraw this pic in the future with everyone's redesign. =P
Atlinsmere

Postby Xander » Thu Sep 9, '10, 12:05 am

Heh, nice. Though it looks almost as if Ami isn't enjoying tormenting Chris there. Not that I make a habit of grabbing other people by the cheeks myself. :D
"There's nothing wrong with you that I can't fix...with my hands!!"

ImageImage
Xander
Numan
Numan

Achievements: 189

Postby Atlinsmere » Thu Sep 9, '10, 12:13 am

It almost makes her look like she doesn't know what she's doing. AH well, that's an idea that just sprung into my mind. >=D EVIL! <.<
Atlinsmere

Postby Aeroprism » Thu Sep 9, '10, 3:45 am

I really like this piece, it looks so full of life :D

And that was my dorky comment.
Aeroprism
Numan
Numan

Achievements: 95

Postby Atlinsmere » Thu Sep 9, '10, 5:21 am

Thanks Aero. =P
Atlinsmere

Return to Artwork