Phantasy Star - Finished or Unfinished?

Discuss the saga of Algo, where the legend began.

Phantasy Star - Finished or Unfinished?

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Fri Dec 21, '07, 7:26 am

In honor of Phantasy Star's 20th Birthday Anniversary:

Q.Have you finished or made it all the way through each Phantasy Star game you have begun to play? If so, how fast did it take you to complete each game? If not, what kept you from finishing the game(s)?
Good Friday ~ March 29, 2024

:rose: Happy 26th Anniversary Fringes Of Algo~Founded April 01, 1997 :rose:

Silver_Surfer1

Achievements: 499

Postby Tsunami » Fri Dec 21, '07, 11:13 am

I've finished PSII, PSIII, and PSIV. I've yet to complete PSI since the Baya Malay (spelling?) was frustrating, and I don't think I'll pick it up again. :p
Tsunami
Numan
Numan

Achievements: 22

Postby Chris8282 » Fri Dec 21, '07, 5:20 pm

I've completed all the main games, and am about to complete the sidequests. I'm just about to finish my playthrough of all PS games in order.
Chris8282
Explorer
Explorer

Achievements: 6

Postby SparkyIII » Fri Dec 21, '07, 6:00 pm

I really don't know, I never play a game for speed, pretty much ruins the experience.
Everything has a pattern. Something set. Even random things. They aren't random at all, its complex mathematics. The trick is to find the pattern. Then you can exploit it.

People think things have a certain end. Taxes. Work. Due dates don't really exist. Trust me. When you put a band of world scholars in the same room, and set them on talking about anything, the most interesting topics come up. The existence of negative time. The probability of "random occurrence". The government's involvement in the media. And falsified due dates. They aren't real, trust me....
SparkyIII
Sage
Sage

Achievements: 40

Postby Chris8282 » Fri Dec 21, '07, 8:27 pm

I agree. I definately took my time with PS2, and when I ever play a game and feel like I wanna hurry I just take a break. Maybe play a non-RPG.
Chris8282
Explorer
Explorer

Postby Thoul » Fri Dec 21, '07, 9:20 pm

I've no idea on the speed either. It sometimes takes me a very long time to finish games.

I've played all of them, except PS Gaiden and some of those text adventures. I've completed most of the ones I've played, but I'm still working on Generation 1. I haven't started Generation 2 in earnest yet, though I did mess around with it a little.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Postby Chris8282 » Sat Dec 22, '07, 4:40 am

Do you speak Japanese? If not, is it hard to navigate/play even with a translation guide? I've been wanting to try it.
Chris8282
Explorer
Explorer

Postby PSP » Sun Dec 23, '07, 3:40 am

I've beaten PSI-IV and PSG:1 and PSG:2. I played PSO for about 5 minutes before throwing it away, and I have PSU but only played it a few minutes as well.

-Corey
PSP
Explorer
Explorer

Achievements: 20

Postby Chris8282 » Sun Dec 23, '07, 4:17 am

You should pick PSU back up again (offline) I'm playing through it right now. It's pretty good and not nearly as bad as I thought it would be.
Chris8282
Explorer
Explorer

Postby Neithird » Sun Dec 23, '07, 1:49 pm

I've finished 1 - 4 and PSOv1, but that's all so far. I think I tried Adventure, back before it was translated, and didn't get anywhere in it.
:clyde: · · · :pacman: · · · · · · ● · · · · :inky: · · ·
"Freedom is the right of all sentient beings." ~ Optimus Prime
Neithird
Sage
Sage

Achievements: 21

Next

Return to Classic Series