Digital Frames

General discussion of subjects beyond the scope of the other forums.

Digital Frames

Postby Thoul » Sat Feb 9, '08, 10:04 am

Lately when browsing in stores, I've seen a lot of "digital picture frames" for sale. Essentially they're little computer screens that show a constantly changing slideshow of digital photos. What do you think, is this a good idea or just a waste of tech? I mean, anyone with a print and paper can run out the photos and put them in a traditional frame, so what's the point?
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Postby Reno » Sat Feb 9, '08, 10:15 am

Have you actually seen one working? I think they're pretty interesting; you can basically set up a full on slideshow with it, which is certainly a plus.
Also, pixels are cooler than ink. :wink:
"Science was dealt a crippling blow the instant that its conclusions were deemed to be subject to democracy."
[face=Arial][/face]
Reno
Agent
Agent

Achievements: 18

Postby Thoul » Mon Feb 11, '08, 8:46 pm

I saw one running in a store. It was a slideshow of a few pictures, but they were cycling very quickly. Maybe that was just for display purposes, but it seemed like it would be hard to linger on a specific picture for a little while. I can see how it would be good for someone who lives in a small apartment or doesn't have much room to decorate, but I think I just prefer the old fashioned approach for this.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Postby SparkyIII » Mon Feb 11, '08, 11:10 pm

Ya, I prefer a still image in many places. It looks better. That kind of thing is for like, a cubicle or something. lol
Everything has a pattern. Something set. Even random things. They aren't random at all, its complex mathematics. The trick is to find the pattern. Then you can exploit it.

People think things have a certain end. Taxes. Work. Due dates don't really exist. Trust me. When you put a band of world scholars in the same room, and set them on talking about anything, the most interesting topics come up. The existence of negative time. The probability of "random occurrence". The government's involvement in the media. And falsified due dates. They aren't real, trust me....
SparkyIII
Sage
Sage

Achievements: 40

Return to Casual Conversation