H-Man Request - Saya from 'The Blacksmith's Son'

Have you tried your hand at fan art or original art? Show us here!

View Gallery Page

Postby Xander » Sat Nov 6, '10, 4:21 pm

Ok I'm tired after a long trip so I'll keep this brief.

This is H-Man's long overdue request for Saya as she appears in his fiction, 'The Blacksmith's Son.' Hopefully it comes up to scratch.

It was actually harder to do than MrKite's requests, though I figured it would be the other way around. :p

As for future artwork, I've got plans to now do some artwork for Flynn and Claire, my EOTA characters before moving on to some other stuff. I'm also halfway done with a Chaz CG colour project.

Ok, I'm gonna go get some sleep now. :zzz:
"There's nothing wrong with you that I can't fix...with my hands!!"

ImageImage
Xander
Numan
Numan

Achievements: 189

Re: H-Man Request - Saya from 'The Blacksmith's Son'

Postby Wolf Bird » Sat Nov 6, '10, 4:37 pm

She looks like royalty! Well done, Xan. :)
Next Pokemon game(s): Pearl
Last finished Pokémon game: Shield
Other games: Skyrim Special Edition (Switch), Spyro Reignited Trilogy (Switch & PS4), Okami (Switch & PS4)
Other gaming goals: completing a Living Pokedex (minus some event Pokes) and going through at least 1 game per generation

Wolf Bird

Achievements: 420

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Sat Nov 6, '10, 6:59 pm

Fantastic job, Xander! I agree with CW, she does look very royal! Love the dress, the designs on it and the color of it. The crown and necklace are exquisite. What happened to her left hand...half of the hand seems to have disappeared into the dress or something???

Looking forward to your future art projects. :)

:rose: Happy 27th Anniversary Fringes Of Algo :rose:
~ Founded April 01, 1997 ~

Silver_Surfer1

Achievements: 499

Postby H-Man » Sat Nov 6, '10, 7:30 pm

As some of you may remember, in the story "The Blacksmith's Son" Saya appears as a flower nymph. I asked Xander to draw her in her wedding gown (traditional Chinese wedding gown, which is generally red, not white; white is for funerals in China). It's a great drawing of a character whom, as far as I know, has very little (if any) fan art dedicated to her.
*H-Man as Chaz, looks at Rika, aka Paula* Chaz-Man- "Hey, I've been wandering around Motavia for quite a while with you now. It says in that weird blue box up there that one more battle with a sandworm and we can level up to husband and wife!"

Image Fringes Official Monocled Gentleman.

Image MADE A NEW FATE Achievement.
H-Man
Sage
Sage

Achievements: 110

Postby Xander » Sat Nov 6, '10, 7:47 pm

Oh yeah, I should have mentioned it was a wedding gown. :D

Her left hand is my very bad attempt at drawing what I suppose you'd call a relaxed fist. I hate drawing hands. Of all things, I seem to be making very slow progress with them.

And yes, there's not even a character entry for her here on the site despite the existing tag, so I tagged it 'Saya' for when that does happen.

ImageImage
Xander
Numan
Numan

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Sat Nov 6, '10, 8:15 pm

H-Man wrote:As some of you may remember, in the story "The Blacksmith's Son" Saya appears as a flower nymph. I asked Xander to draw her in her wedding gown (traditional Chinese wedding gown, which is generally red, not white; white is for funerals in China). It's a great drawing of a character whom, as far as I know, has very little (if any) fan art dedicated to her.

Interesting chinese customs. I actually like the red color better than white.

:rose: Happy 27th Anniversary Fringes Of Algo :rose:
~ Founded April 01, 1997 ~

Silver_Surfer1

Achievements: 499

Postby Thoul » Mon Nov 8, '10, 8:58 pm

I was going to comment that she looked like a princess, but I see I've been beaten to that. :lol: I suppose most brides want to feel like such on their wedding day, so it would apply anyway. There's not much I can add. You did a great job with the gold trim on the dress; that may be my favorite part of this one.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Postby Jack Lias » Mon Nov 8, '10, 9:08 pm

Is this the same Saya from Phantasy Star IV? If not, then why the confusing name? Also, Hahn is engaged to Saya, and he's the son of a blacksmith, so... super confusing.
Jack Lias
Explorer
Explorer

Achievements: 34

Postby Xander » Mon Nov 8, '10, 9:18 pm

Yes it's the same Saya from PS IV, based on how she appears in H-Man's fan fiction which can be found here.

ImageImage
Xander
Numan
Numan

Postby H-Man » Thu Nov 11, '10, 1:51 pm

Jack Lias wrote:Is this the same Saya from Phantasy Star IV? If not, then why the confusing name? Also, Hahn is engaged to Saya, and he's the son of a blacksmith, so... super confusing.

Basically, Jack, I'm writing a PSIV fanfiction series that places the PSIV characters in a Chinese period setting. Thus, we get the PSIV characters doing kung fu and magic and having slightly different roles than before. You should read them; everybody here seems to enjoy them. Basically, in "The Blacksmith's Son", Saya is a flower nymph who marries Han, a scholar. The red outfit is the traditional Chinese wedding garb.
*H-Man as Chaz, looks at Rika, aka Paula* Chaz-Man- "Hey, I've been wandering around Motavia for quite a while with you now. It says in that weird blue box up there that one more battle with a sandworm and we can level up to husband and wife!"

Image Fringes Official Monocled Gentleman.

Image MADE A NEW FATE Achievement.
H-Man
Sage
Sage

Achievements: 110

Return to Artwork