Page 1 of 1  [ 10 posts ] 

H-Man Request - Saya from 'The Blacksmith's Son'

H-Man Request - Saya from 'The Blacksmith's Son'

View Gallery Page

PostPosted: Sat Nov 6, '10, 4:21 pm 
Ok I'm tired after a long trip so I'll keep this brief.

This is H-Man's long overdue request for Saya as she appears in his fiction, 'The Blacksmith's Son.' Hopefully it comes up to scratch.

It was actually harder to do than MrKite's requests, though I figured it would be the other way around. :p

As for future artwork, I've got plans to now do some artwork for Flynn and Claire, my EOTA characters before moving on to some other stuff. I'm also halfway done with a Chaz CG colour project.

Ok, I'm gonna go get some sleep now. :zzz:

PostPosted: Sat Nov 6, '10, 4:37 pm 
She looks like royalty! Well done, Xan. :)

PostPosted: Sat Nov 6, '10, 6:59 pm 
Fantastic job, Xander! I agree with CW, she does look very royal! Love the dress, the designs on it and the color of it. The crown and necklace are exquisite. What happened to her left hand...half of the hand seems to have disappeared into the dress or something???

Looking forward to your future art projects. :)

PostPosted: Sat Nov 6, '10, 7:30 pm 
As some of you may remember, in the story "The Blacksmith's Son" Saya appears as a flower nymph. I asked Xander to draw her in her wedding gown (traditional Chinese wedding gown, which is generally red, not white; white is for funerals in China). It's a great drawing of a character whom, as far as I know, has very little (if any) fan art dedicated to her.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 6, '10, 7:47 pm 
Oh yeah, I should have mentioned it was a wedding gown. :D

Her left hand is my very bad attempt at drawing what I suppose you'd call a relaxed fist. I hate drawing hands. Of all things, I seem to be making very slow progress with them.

And yes, there's not even a character entry for her here on the site despite the existing tag, so I tagged it 'Saya' for when that does happen.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 6, '10, 8:15 pm 
H-Man wrote:As some of you may remember, in the story "The Blacksmith's Son" Saya appears as a flower nymph. I asked Xander to draw her in her wedding gown (traditional Chinese wedding gown, which is generally red, not white; white is for funerals in China). It's a great drawing of a character whom, as far as I know, has very little (if any) fan art dedicated to her.

Interesting chinese customs. I actually like the red color better than white.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 8, '10, 8:58 pm 
I was going to comment that she looked like a princess, but I see I've been beaten to that. :lol: I suppose most brides want to feel like such on their wedding day, so it would apply anyway. There's not much I can add. You did a great job with the gold trim on the dress; that may be my favorite part of this one.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 8, '10, 9:08 pm 
Is this the same Saya from Phantasy Star IV? If not, then why the confusing name? Also, Hahn is engaged to Saya, and he's the son of a blacksmith, so... super confusing.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 8, '10, 9:18 pm 
Yes it's the same Saya from PS IV, based on how she appears in H-Man's fan fiction which can be found here.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, '10, 1:51 pm 
Jack Lias wrote:Is this the same Saya from Phantasy Star IV? If not, then why the confusing name? Also, Hahn is engaged to Saya, and he's the son of a blacksmith, so... super confusing.

Basically, Jack, I'm writing a PSIV fanfiction series that places the PSIV characters in a Chinese period setting. Thus, we get the PSIV characters doing kung fu and magic and having slightly different roles than before. You should read them; everybody here seems to enjoy them. Basically, in "The Blacksmith's Son", Saya is a flower nymph who marries Han, a scholar. The red outfit is the traditional Chinese wedding garb.

Page 1 of 1  [ 10 posts ]