Page 1 of 2  [ 11 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, '08, 5:31 pm 
As we all know in Adan's timeline in Phantasy Star III his twin sister Gwyn has a tiny glitch that makes her not gain tech levels upon increasing her level. Do you think this is just a bug left in by the programmers, or is it a clever disguise for Gwyn's character?

I believe that since Gwyn is Adan's twin the two are linked as most twins are. Gwyn's technique level doesn't increase is because her bond with her brother is strong and his strength is there to fill in what Gwyn lacks in as well as her techniques are there to fill in what he lacks. Sure you can increase both of their technique levels via the shop but I believe that the two share a certain thing where Gwyns tech levels do not rise due to Adan's strengths. But thats just me

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, '08, 12:34 am 
It does seem like an odd thing to be bugged. I mean, just this one single character out of all of them? It feels more like an intentional thing to me. I don't know why they would do it - perhaps that was something they were planning to touch on that was dropped from the game due to time constraints.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, '08, 4:32 pm 
Its got to be something, I highly doubt it that they would just do it for one character

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, '08, 4:10 am 
I think it is almost certainly a bug. I've spent a lot of time looking at the data in PSIII and there are several oddities like this. For example, the Gnasher has a ludicrously high attack power, 5x that of Dark Force. There's no rational explanation I can conceive for that other than a bug. I think Gwyn's technique power is also something that was simply overlooked.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, '08, 4:32 am 
Five times the power of Dark Force?? No wonder the things were so hard to kill. I guess someone didn't proofread some of the data very well.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, '08, 3:56 pm 
Considering the game was rushed to begin with why am I not surprised?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, '08, 4:47 pm 
I always wondered why those gnashers laid me out quicker then anything I would normally run into.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, '08, 6:25 pm 
The game's too easy; I think the Gnashers were the only monster with the correct attack power. ;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, '08, 9:12 pm 
Eh, probably just a bug. It's that reason why I considered Gwyn to be somewhat useless, as her tech levels were so low.

PostPosted: Mon May 4, '09, 4:33 pm 
Adan and Gwyn were the ones I originally finished the game with years ago.
I do remember Gwyn's tech levels being static at 8, but I was almost certain they started to rise once she reached a certain level. It doesn't seem like a bug just because those tech levels
are very high for her starting level.

Page 1 of 2  [ 11 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next