The Road, Ryu's theme cover.

Remixes and original creations by fans - as games, audio, videos or other forms - shine in this spotlight.

The Road, Ryu's theme cover.

Postby Bragatyr » Wed Mar 11, '15, 8:11 pm

From Street Fighter Alpha 3. I love the classic soundtrack of II, but this is the only theme from Alpha that in my opinion destroys the original.
Bragatyr
Sage
Sage

Achievements: 65

Re: The Road, Ryu's theme cover.

Postby Aeroprism » Thu Mar 12, '15, 11:26 pm

I have played SFA3 more hours than I care to admit and because of you, I think I'll go for another quest mode playthrough.

Very good rendition my friend! I prefer the originals. Do Ken's song and I will love you forever.

Just kidding, I already do.
Aeroprism
Numan
Numan

Achievements: 95

Postby Bragatyr » Fri Mar 13, '15, 2:25 am

Thank you very much, man. That's awesome that you're gonna play through again. Nothing wrong with putting in a lot of hours with this game, I've been playing it quite a bit myself and I just got it a couple weeks ago. Phenomenal game, vintage Capcom stuff. My friends and I have been playing it lately, just trying to learn it a bit better, I uploaded some matches from our most recent Street Fighter fest and I think I'm gonna make a fighting game video thread here to get people to upload their matches.

You know, I don't really dig Ken's theme, it's kind of weird, I like a few songs from the soundtrack a lot and then a lot of them are just decent to good but not really memorable. I think the only other ones I'm really crazy about are Chun's (which is awesome) and Rolento's (which is quite nice, not a lot to it but a cool groove). I am checking Ken's theme out again, though, when I hear that someone really likes a theme I make sure to give it a second listen. Are there any other songs from the game you like?

See, Adon's theme is giving me the same vibe as Rolento's but on a lesser scale, it's cool and groovy, but just not memorable enough.
Bragatyr
Sage
Sage

Postby Aeroprism » Sun Mar 15, '15, 5:05 pm

Correction: We're talking about Ken's true, original theme. Not the Alpha jazzy weaksauce remake.
Aeroprism
Numan
Numan

Postby Bragatyr » Sun Mar 15, '15, 5:30 pm

Oh, okay, I get you, I thought that might have been what you were talking about. I was scratching my head about the Alpha version, ha ha. Yeah, I love Ken's theme from SF II, that's one of my favorites. I would definitely like to play that one.

What are your other faves from Street Fighter? My favorite probably used to be Guile's (purely talking SF II here), but I've gotten so burned out on that one that these days I'm more into Balrog, Fei, Cammy, T. Hawk, Bison, and Zangief. Those are all mainly ones I'd like to cover; Chun and Honda are probably the prettiest, to me.
Bragatyr
Sage
Sage

Postby Aeroprism » Sun Mar 15, '15, 11:13 pm

Musical themes or characters?

For original themes, I really like them all, sentimental value, but Ryu, Ken, Guile, Bison, Vega, Balrog and T.Hawk are my favorites. I really liked Alpha Karin as well.

To play? Ryu and Cammy are the characters I enjoy the most and with who I am the most dangerous. I also enjoy playing many others like Dan, Alpha Juli, SF4's Juri and Ken. I'd love to love Bison and Guile but charge movement characters annoy me.
Aeroprism
Numan
Numan

Postby Bragatyr » Sat Mar 21, '15, 8:53 pm

Figured I would share this one too. Pretty metal song.

I'm gonna have to listen to Karin's theme again, Aero. Most of the Alpha stuff hasn't really sunk in with me yet. By the way, how do you like the way Cammy has changed between games? She went from being pretty limited in II to being dominant in IV.

Speaking of Cammy, I'm still confused about how to pick Juli and Juni in Alpha 3. And I still haven't been able to pick Balrog. If you like characters like Bison and Guile you gotta start playing them, that's the only way to get comfortable with them! I played Blanka and Guile as a kid so I'm used to charge characters, but for someone like Zangief I had to really change my whole play style and I still spend hours practicing the 360 motion for various situations. Bison was a real struggle to learn, too, because he's a more subtle character and pretty input heavy when he gets an opening.
Bragatyr
Sage
Sage

Postby Bragatyr » Fri Apr 3, '15, 6:07 am

My first one from Street Fighter III (Third Strike, specifically), the very awesome theme of Q.
Bragatyr
Sage
Sage

Postby Aeroprism » Fri Apr 3, '15, 2:40 pm

Confession time: I have never played Street Fighter 3. Not once. It completely went under my radar. Therefore, I am 100% unfamiliar with these themes. You however rock them as adequately as they need to be.

Also: you have something strange on your head, but sometimes you don't. What is this sorcery?
Aeroprism
Numan
Numan

Postby Bragatyr » Fri Apr 3, '15, 5:04 pm

Thank you, man. Yeah, I played Street Fighter III exactly one time as a kid at the arcade. I think I played Twelve, I just remember the character was pale and had elongated limbs. But after I got the Street Fighter Anniversary Collection a few months back to play an arcade perfect version of Hyper SF II I figured I would try it out, and I really liked it. It's a little hard to get used to the characters since they got rid of everyone except Ryu, Ken, Chun, and Akuma, but the new characters are really interesting and it's a great game. Really distinctive, totally unlike any Street Fighter before or after.

It's way too technical for me to ever get any good at it, but some friends and I play it a decent bit and I really enjoy it. Definitely a competitive game. And it has a jazzier, more hip-hop infused soundtrack, which is different for Street Fighter and kind of cool.

Did you ever play the Street Fighter EX games, by any chance? Those truly went under my radar and I hardly knew they existed until recently. I'm interested in checking them out because I've heard people say they're some of the best Street Fighter games in their own right.
Bragatyr
Sage
Sage

Return to Fan Games, Music, Video & More