Page 1 of 1  [ 5 posts ] 
 Post subject: Guitar Hero gone
PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, '11, 10:52 pm 
The makers of the video game "Guitar Hero" have disbanded any future editions/versions of the game at the moment due to poor sales, etc.:

http://www.postchronicle.com/news/busin ... 8332.shtml

Last edited by Silver_Surfer1 on Thu Feb 10, '11, 10:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: Guitar Hero gone
PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, '11, 4:18 pm 
And maybe it might only be me, but I have to say "it won't be missed" :). Now it's time for Rockband to follow!!!

Of course that's only because I like my rhythm games filled with Japanese songs, and I hate American songs in rhythm games. So my opinion is really biased

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, '11, 6:48 pm 
I expected these music games to be a fad that would fade in popularity over time. Looks like that time has finally come. Licensing all the popular songs must be expensive, so lower sales means Activision can't get the big name tunes.

Rock Band will likely follow before long - unless a lot of Guitar Hero supporters move over to it. That could bolster it for a while.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, '11, 12:10 am 
I was never a big fan of the games so no loss for me, but I learned of a few awesome bands through Guitar Hero 3 Legends of rock.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, '11, 6:20 am 
Lucas wrote:I was never a big fan of the games so no loss for me, but I learned of a few awesome bands through Guitar Hero 3 Legends of rock.

Goes to show that video games can help influence a person's taste in music. Believe me, I know GTA and Guitar Hero/Rock Band have always done that for me :D

Page 1 of 1  [ 5 posts ]