Page 1 of 1  [ 10 posts ] 
PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, '10, 10:04 am 
As you know, we first meet Gryz in the Motavian village of Tonoe. He was kind of cold and had an attitude, but that was probably because Zio destroyed his village and killed his parents. I'm sure he wasn't always the guy that had an attitude, so, what do you think he was like before Zio did what he done?

Discuss.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, '10, 8:33 pm 
I would say no, at least, not to such an extent.

I mean, the guy went through an extremely traumatic situation...

PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, '10, 6:56 pm 
It's hard to say what he might have been like before that. He was probably a fairly happy and open fellow. He doesn't seem to have a problem with Palmans in general, unlike some of the other Motavians. Even after declaring his intent to kill Zio, he never expresses distrust or hatred of anyone else.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, '10, 11:32 pm 
Thoul wrote:It's hard to say what he might have been like before that. He was probably a fairly happy and open fellow. He doesn't seem to have a problem with Palmans in general, unlike some of the other Motavians. Even after declaring his intent to kill Zio, he never expresses distrust or hatred of anyone else.

That's true, and I agree.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, '10, 10:46 pm 
Gryz really didn't come off as THAT cold and having an attitude when you meet him, at least not to me. He only comes off that way towards Zio. So I guess my opinion is that he was never that way in the first place.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, '10, 11:23 pm 
I agree with CW. He never came across to me that way. His anger was directed towards Zio. After all, he just wanted revenge.

Besides, speaking from experience, having a friend, or family in his case, be killed and being powerless to do anything to save them can affect people differently. Some will wish only for revenge as he does and others may simply go borderline mad with a hate filled rage they use to cope with the trauma of the loss. The list goes on.

But obviously in context of the game, a vengeful Gryz is easier to portray than the latter of the aforementioned. That usually ends up turning into some angsty whiner. :shiftyeyes:

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, '10, 1:43 am 
As you can see in the end of the game, Gryz seem to be a ''normal'' motavian with a peaceful life with his sister. He's not the guy we can see when we talk to him about Zio... Thats my opinion ^^

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, '10, 8:10 am 
Exactly. Besides he came along in the end mostly just to make up for leaving earlier, though his vendetta was against Zio and once he was dead he had no reason to stay.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 3, '10, 2:50 am 
He appears to be calmer and happier after Zio's defeat. But he still feels he has many duties as a protector.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, '10, 8:49 am 
I just realized I never replied with my thoughts on the matter. >_<

Well, to tell you what I think. I think Gryz wasn't really cold as I stated, but more like angry. I think personally that before he was the type of guy who got along good with his parents, was generally a good guy, but with a slight anger problem. And I agree with Thoul that he was pretty open. Gryz is just a good guy overall, (I took him with me originally when I killed PD. He had the last hit when everyone was dead. x3)

Page 1 of 1  [ 10 posts ]