Green moon ?

Whether it's new discoveries or explorations of the world, if it's science and not about games, talk about it here.

Green moon ?

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Sat Apr 16, '16, 1:59 am

First let me say, do not believe everything you read on some online sites.

I saw a story somewhere last night about the planets aligning in the next week or so and thus making the moon appear Green during that time. My first thought was, wow, a green moon, I never heard of that before. So, I did a quick online search to find out more and found out instead that it was a hoax. There will not be a green moon. Atleast, any time soon that I know of. :wink:

Gave me a good laugh, though. Just thought I would share it here so everyone would know the moon will not be green anytime soon.
Happy St. Patrick's Day ~ March 17, 2024

:rose: Happy 26th Anniversary Fringes Of Algo~Founded April 01, 1997 :rose:

Silver_Surfer1

Achievements: 499

Re: Green moon ?

Postby Wolf Bird » Sat Apr 16, '16, 6:19 pm

Snopes is one of your best friends for sussing out hoaxes and urban legends. If you ever have any doubts about something, check if Snopes has an article on it.
Next Pokemon game(s): Pearl
Last finished Pokémon game: Shield
Other games: Skyrim Special Edition (Switch), Spyro Reignited Trilogy (Switch & PS4), Okami (Switch & PS4)
Other gaming goals: completing a Living Pokedex (minus some event Pokes) and going through at least 1 game per generation

Wolf Bird

Achievements: 420

Return to Science Symposium