Page 7 of 11  [ 106 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
PostPosted: Fri Jul 2, '10, 10:18 pm 
I think I remember playing Blood. It has level that's set on a train, right? There was a guy I went worked with several years ago that would often bring PC games in to play (supposedly in off hours, but he tended to play them during work, too - I think he got fired for it). I'm pretty sure one of them was Blood.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 3, '10, 1:35 am 
I had Hexen. Well, it was my brother's, but I used to play it, too. We had Heretic as well. Blood looks familiar, especially the pitchfork.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 3, '10, 2:38 pm 
Yes Thoul, It's level 3 of episode 1 that takes place on the train. The carnival level that takes place after that is quite funny too. Sticking mimes with the pitchfork provides a few funny one-liners. :D

PostPosted: Mon Jul 5, '10, 1:07 am 
Most gamers I speak to don't know of or have played Lord of the Sword, which was a GREAT game played with the original SEGA master system. It was very mythological and had a fantasy element to it.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 5, '10, 2:37 pm 
Interesting, RW. I'm reading a walkthrough of this game right now and might have to give it a try. :)

PostPosted: Tue Jul 6, '10, 12:10 pm 
Tanith wrote:Interesting, RW. I'm reading a walkthrough of this game right now and might have to give it a try. :)

:lol: Let me know what you think of it! It is a ton of fun; sort of like Zelda but not really a RPG.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 6, '10, 4:53 pm 
Nice topic!

Two gems I love to death, both for the Sega Genesis: Wonderboy in Monster World and Starflight.

I remember playing WBMW on the arcade when I was a kid in the late 80s. This game looked so awesome, when I saw it for the Genesis... It's basically a side scroller Zelda.

Starflight is much like the aforementioned Star Control, you captain a ship, meet aliens, gather ressources, make friends, fight enemies and prevent the destruction of your planet. the highlight of this game: The Veloxi. Insectoid-humanoid aliens with terrible broken english who are extremely arrogant and full of themselves. I love these guys so much you wouldn't believe.

At some point in the game, you have the possibility to do a big favor to their race, becoming their new best friend. What happens when a race of extremely arrogant insect people think that you're the (second) best thing in the universe? Unending laughter ensues.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 7, '10, 4:14 am 
Aeroprism wrote:Starflight is much like the aforementioned Star Control...
Wait. Star Control made an appearance in this thread?? *dies of a heart attack* Everyone should know of the greatness of Star Control (particularly Star Control 2). I thought it had a pretty large following.

Anyway, if Starflight is anything like Star Control, I must give it a whirl.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 9, '10, 4:14 pm 
Oh dear. This topic just created an irresistible need to play both my Lunar games on the PSX again.

Lunar is the pinnacle of the epitome of medieval games.

Yes master, I obey.

Edit: typo.

Last edited by Aeroprism on Fri Jul 9, '10, 4:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, '10, 5:00 am 
Starflight is easily one of my favorite Genesis games. It appeals to fans of classic RPGs even though it's in a sci-fi setting. Looking back, it was an early "sandbox" game that was ahead of its time. There is a storyline but you can take your time and explore freely for hours on end.

Page 7 of 11  [ 106 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next