Page 1 of 1  [ 8 posts ] 
 Post subject: Great American Smoke-Out
PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, '07, 7:37 pm 
Today is the yearly "Great American Smoke-Out" where people try to stop smoking. Anyone here going for it today, or know of anyone who is trying to stop smoking? I wish them all much success :up: in stopping this foul habbit :yuck: .

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, '07, 8:14 pm 
Never heard of it, but hey, good luck to anyone wanting to improve their life by kicking bad habits. :mrgreen: :grouphug:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, '07, 11:30 pm 
so thats what the 15 was. Ill tell my spanish teacher.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, '07, 2:27 am 
Hrm... it takes a lot more than a single day to kick such a habit. I wish anyone trying it the best and I hope they stick with it beyond the single day. A lot of dedication is needed to drop something so addictive.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, '07, 8:16 pm 
Thoul wrote:Hrm... it takes a lot more than a single day to kick such a habit. I wish anyone trying it the best and I hope they stick with it beyond the single day. A lot of dedication is needed to drop something so addictive.

I couldn't agree more, Thoul. I think basically this day is just a day for most people to decide to begin to kick the habit. It certainly won't happen in just one day - it could take years to become unaddictive to smoking, however, there has to be a beginning point to even make it happen. I'm sure it was a very unsettling day for those that tried to stop cold turkey or just cut down a little. You never realize how addicted you are to something like this until you try to stop or do without.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, '07, 10:33 pm 
It should be turned into a week or like, every other day of the month. That would be great.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, '07, 12:41 am 
I don't smoke. I did when i was 16. Because all my friends did. But im smart and older now :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, '07, 1:19 am 
SparkyIII wrote:It should be turned into a week or like, every other day of the month. That would be great.

Yeah, a more regular reminder may benefit a lot of people more. A yearly day isn't going to do much, but say a monthly reminder? That would be more effective.

Page 1 of 1  [ 8 posts ]