Daylight Savings Time

General discussion of subjects beyond the scope of the other forums.

Daylight Savings Time

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Tue Mar 4, '08, 4:52 pm

I was looking at the calendar this morning and it has Daylight Savings Time for this Sunday, March 9th. Goodness that seems awfully early this year, although it seems like I do remember something about them changing the time for this last year.

Oh well, on Sunday, I guess we will " spring forward " an hour for Daylight Savings Time here in the US. :yaknow:
Palm Sunday ~ March 24, 2024

:rose: Happy 26th Anniversary Fringes Of Algo~Founded April 01, 1997 :rose:

Silver_Surfer1

Achievements: 499

Postby Celeith » Tue Mar 4, '08, 7:49 pm

i never really understood this in the first place. time shifts forward or backwards.. when I wake up if its 8am then sheesh nothings changed really.
Cele~Chan Streaming
Saturday at 8pm cst and Sunday at 6pm cst.
The Subscribe button is just a click away.
Celeith
Palman
Palman

Achievements: 111

Postby Atlinsmere » Wed Mar 5, '08, 12:19 am

I don't have to worry about Daylights saving time where I am. It's pretty sweet... Though there has been talk of the government to change that. Hopefully not because that would mess me up badly. :(
A simple text based signature? That's impossible!
Atlinsmere

Achievements: 392

Postby Thoul » Wed Mar 5, '08, 3:40 am

It started so people would get up earlier at certain times of year and have more hours of daylight. It doesn't really serve much of a purpose anymore, but the government just keeps it going here.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Postby SparkyIII » Wed Mar 5, '08, 4:28 am

We don't use it, but my clock does. It really sucks to have an atomic clock when you don't pay attention to that kind of thing. And theres really no point. I mean its bad enough to have to know the time but having to set your clocks everytime? Horrible idea this is.
Everything has a pattern. Something set. Even random things. They aren't random at all, its complex mathematics. The trick is to find the pattern. Then you can exploit it.

People think things have a certain end. Taxes. Work. Due dates don't really exist. Trust me. When you put a band of world scholars in the same room, and set them on talking about anything, the most interesting topics come up. The existence of negative time. The probability of "random occurrence". The government's involvement in the media. And falsified due dates. They aren't real, trust me....
SparkyIII
Sage
Sage

Achievements: 40

Postby Atlinsmere » Wed Mar 5, '08, 5:18 am

My province is (as far as I know) the only province in which does not use daylights saving time so that's pretty sweet. Though I can see the point of it. It must get annoying during that time of year
Atlinsmere

Re: Daylight Savings Time

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Wed Nov 9, '11, 3:40 am

Well, I forgot to mention it this weekend but this past Saturday night was time to set the clocks back one hour (fall back) for daylight savings time here in the USA. I hope everyone remembered to set your clocks back.

Can't really say I like this new time yet. It is supposed to give us an extra hour of sleep but that's not very helpful when you have trouble sleeping at night anyway. Maybe it will grow on me as the days go along.

Anyone else like this new time change, or do you prefer it the other way?
Palm Sunday ~ March 24, 2024

:rose: Happy 26th Anniversary Fringes Of Algo~Founded April 01, 1997 :rose:

Silver_Surfer1

Achievements: 499

Postby Thoul » Wed Nov 9, '11, 8:21 am

I had some trouble with my alarm clock this year. The time setting button didn't want to work at first. Eventually it gave in, but for a while I wasn't sure. I've still not set my watch back, though. I keep forgetting to do that.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Postby Atlinsmere » Thu Nov 10, '11, 12:57 am

Another DST passes that I don't have to worry about. Pretty happy about that. And SS, if you're having troubles sleeping, I know how you feel.
Atlinsmere

Return to Casual Conversation