Page 1 of 2  [ 11 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: Grass Killer
PostPosted: Fri Aug 8, '08, 8:17 am 
This variant of the Grass Assassin and Locusta family of biomonsters roamed the forest between River Town and Wood Town. With the deadly sickles on each arm, it slaughtered a hapless guard who turned travelers away from the dangerous forest. The guard must have been unarmed or taken by surprise though, as Amy easily dispatched the creature with a Laser Knife.

This image can also be selected as an avatar from the galleries on the avatar tab of the Member Control Panel.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 8, '08, 10:38 am 
Locusta are cool monsters especailly the Locusta in PSIV :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 8, '08, 8:43 pm 
I've always liked this type of enemy. It's fairly unique to Phantasy Star. I'm sure there are other praying mantis type monsters in other games, but I've never seen one like the PS interpretation. I was thrilled to see it reused in so many games.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 8, '08, 11:22 pm 
Amy: Wait a minute, you mean there's more of these?! And they get paletteswapped later in the series? Suddenly, I don't feel so accomplished anymore...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 9, '08, 12:23 pm 
I really think they should bring back a few old PS enemies into the new games like PS Universe. Locusta would fit perfectly into it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 9, '08, 1:47 pm 
Looks like the grass killer name almost made it into the US release - here's an early screenshot from a 1989 ad:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, '08, 4:28 am 
Oh, nice find! It's even brownish in color like the one in the text adventure. It's a pity they didn't keep the name back then. I guess they wanted something that would fit into the available space better, though.

Post subject: Re: Grass Killer
PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, '17, 9:03 pm 
Bumping up this former Image Of The Day!

An interesting monster or villain! That's a cool ad shown above!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, '17, 11:33 am 
Yes, very nice find about this Grs;Klle in the US version ! Nice work ! :clap:

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, '17, 2:51 pm 
This enemy seems pretty unique to the Phantasy Star Universe. I like how they make common insects into ferocious monsters.

Funfact: In PSIV, the Locusta and Fanbite were present, but the Locust itself, however, was gone, instead, they had the Grass hound.

The enemy group kinda was in PSIII, the Stickle cyborbs.

Page 1 of 2  [ 11 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next