Guitar Hero III champ

Discussion of news stories dealing with gaming.

Guitar Hero III champ

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Wed Mar 12, '08, 9:32 pm

Congrats to Chris Chike who is now the #1 Guitar Hero III player in the world:

http://www.nationalledger.com/artman/pu ... 9408.shtml
Good Friday ~ March 29, 2024

:rose: Happy 26th Anniversary Fringes Of Algo~Founded April 01, 1997 :rose:

Silver_Surfer1

Achievements: 499

Postby DrkTr14ce » Thu Mar 20, '08, 7:30 pm

Wow...and I thought I wasted my time..

No offense to the guy personally; I congratulate him on getting a Record. But I find it a bit pointless to spend all that time on the game just to do that.
Greetings to you all. I am Kahrne Annabelle Lee, a Level 6 Sprite Artist.

DrkTr14ce
Alisa Pilot
Alisa Pilot

Achievements: 36

Postby SparkyIII » Fri Mar 21, '08, 1:34 am

I think I know people that can do that. I don't find it impressive. XD
Everything has a pattern. Something set. Even random things. They aren't random at all, its complex mathematics. The trick is to find the pattern. Then you can exploit it.

People think things have a certain end. Taxes. Work. Due dates don't really exist. Trust me. When you put a band of world scholars in the same room, and set them on talking about anything, the most interesting topics come up. The existence of negative time. The probability of "random occurrence". The government's involvement in the media. And falsified due dates. They aren't real, trust me....
SparkyIII
Sage
Sage

Achievements: 40

Postby Reno » Fri Mar 21, '08, 6:22 pm

I find it irritating that people want to spend that much time "playing" a plastic toy model of a guitar instead of actually learning/honing the true art... but to each their own, I suppose.
"Science was dealt a crippling blow the instant that its conclusions were deemed to be subject to democracy."
[face=Arial][/face]
Reno
Agent
Agent

Achievements: 18

Postby Tsunami » Fri Mar 21, '08, 7:05 pm

Why does this remind me of an episode of South Park where they made fun of guitar hero? :D So funny...

Reno wrote:I find it irritating that people want to spend that much time "playing" a plastic toy model of a guitar instead of actually learning/honing the true art... but to each their own, I suppose.
:rofl: 'Cause all the cool kids are doing it! :mrgreen:
Tsunami
Numan
Numan

Achievements: 22

Postby SparkyIII » Fri Mar 21, '08, 8:45 pm

Everyone I know who plays that game, actually tries to play the real guitar. But theres such a big difference that most of them can't do it, and they feel really bad about it. So playing the toy is just a game. Just like I play PS4 because I can't cast Foi, or Efess, or actually meet Rika. XD
Everything has a pattern. Something set. Even random things. They aren't random at all, its complex mathematics. The trick is to find the pattern. Then you can exploit it.

People think things have a certain end. Taxes. Work. Due dates don't really exist. Trust me. When you put a band of world scholars in the same room, and set them on talking about anything, the most interesting topics come up. The existence of negative time. The probability of "random occurrence". The government's involvement in the media. And falsified due dates. They aren't real, trust me....
SparkyIII
Sage
Sage

Postby Reno » Fri Mar 21, '08, 9:13 pm

Ah, but that's an excuse! Literally ANYONE can learn to play a musical instrument, (or perform any other "Right-brained" activity) it just requires commitment, determination, and effort. As for playing PS4... THAT is why games were invented! :mrgreen:

Tsunami wrote: :rofl: 'Cause all the cool kids are doing it! :mrgreen:

Tsu, I don't think I've ever been called "Cool" by the mainstream, so that excuses my ignorance! :D
"Science was dealt a crippling blow the instant that its conclusions were deemed to be subject to democracy."
[face=Arial][/face]
Reno
Agent
Agent

Achievements: 18

Postby SparkyIII » Sat Mar 22, '08, 1:18 am

Yeah, in all actuality the "cool" kids are the ones who actually CAN play a guitar.

SparkyIII
Sage
Sage

Postby Tsunami » Sun Mar 30, '08, 11:28 pm

Reno wrote:
Tsunami wrote: :rofl: 'Cause all the cool kids are doing it! :mrgreen:

Tsu, I don't think I've ever been called "Cool" by the mainstream, so that excuses my ignorance! :D
I think you're cool. =D

Anyhow, I just say "all the cool kids are doing it" when things seem to be a trend...or something. o_O It's kinda sarcasm on my part, haha.
Tsunami
Numan
Numan

Achievements: 22

Return to In the News