Meta Knight returns to Super Smash Bros.

Remembering the games of yesteryear.

Meta Knight returns to Super Smash Bros.

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Fri Aug 15, '14, 8:48 pm

Meta Knight is returning to Super Smash Bros. in the upcoming new game due later this year. He seems to be a very complex character who causes a lot of mixed feelings in many video gamers.

https://games.yahoo.com/news/only-banne ... 03548.html

What are your thoughts on Meta Knight and his return?

:rose: Happy 27th Anniversary Fringes Of Algo :rose:
~ Founded April 01, 1997 ~

Silver_Surfer1

Achievements: 499

Re: Meta Knight returns to Super Smash Bros.

Postby Bragatyr » Fri Aug 15, '14, 9:30 pm

Good old Meta Knight. I actually like him a lot as a character, he's very cool and mysterious, but he did wreak havoc on Brawl competitively. I remember when large parts of the community wanted to ban him, especially one of the tournament heads in Texas, where there's a big Brawl scene. But like the article said, it didn't take. Personally I think he caused some problems in the game (such as ledge stalling, which is called planking in Brawl, scrooging, and the annoyance of time-outs) but his matchups aren't that crazy. He's not, like, Super Turbo Akuma level or Marvel vs. Capcom 2 top tier level by any chance. He has the best chance to win a given tournament, but a number of other characters in the game are quite viable and have won major tournaments time and time again.

But yeah, I think the Meta Knight hate was over hyped in Brawl. He was a problem, but a few minor rule set changes took care of that. Still far and away the best character in Brawl competitively, but not by an insurmountable margin.
Bragatyr
Sage
Sage

Achievements: 65

Postby Wolf Bird » Sat Aug 16, '14, 4:59 am

Never played Meta Knight, never had strong feelings. My roommate in college played him, but my Ness bested her Meta Knight pretty easy.

I still find it hard to be excited about the upcoming Smash. I'm either jaded to it anymore, or I just don't care because they have yet to make an announcement for the inclusion of the aforementioned Ness.
Next Pokemon game(s): Pearl
Last finished Pokémon game: Shield
Other games: Skyrim Special Edition (Switch), Spyro Reignited Trilogy (Switch & PS4), Okami (Switch & PS4)
Other gaming goals: completing a Living Pokedex (minus some event Pokes) and going through at least 1 game per generation

Wolf Bird

Achievements: 420

Postby PathfinderCS » Tue Aug 19, '14, 12:14 am

For me, he is a big meh. I'm more excited about the likes of Rosalina, Pacman, & Megaman, and happy with the return of Sonic, Lucario, and Ike.

Still no Wolf though... :(
"I'd say the sky's the limit!" - Spyro
PathfinderCS
Agent
Agent

Location: With the stars, sailing the blackness of the universe.
Achievements: 20

Return to Retro Roundup