Mega Man in Super Smash Bros. 4

Discussing all the gaming matters not covered in the other forums.

Mega Man in Super Smash Bros. 4

Postby Flames of Yagami » Tue Jun 11, '13, 4:54 pm

I honestly haven't been reading to much about this one (because I want to be completely surprised when I first play it), but something got my attention today:

http://www.siliconera.com/2013/06/11/me ... -brothers/

For a diehard Mega Man fan, this news is absolutely awesome, especially considering what's been happening these last few years. Also, I'm kind of shocked that Mega Man was picked over Ryu, but the Blue Bomber beats Street Fighter any day in my book, so I'm cool with it.
Flames of Yagami
Alisa Pilot
Alisa Pilot

Achievements: 212

Re: Mega Man in Super Smash Bros. 4

Postby Bragatyr » Tue Jun 11, '13, 11:25 pm

Yeah, I was very stoked to see this. Mega Man is a much-anticipated character in Smash, and he looks amazing in the game. The reveal was really nice, and I liked how they incorporated all the Robot Master powers and the Mega Buster. Although I have to say, he looks like he might be a little unbalanced and annoying to play against, ha ha. That standard Mega Buster shot looked almost on par with Falco's neutral B, so I'm wondering how he'll do competitively.

Loving the Mega Man 2 music in the reveal trailer, too, and Wily's Skull Fortress and all that. Mega Man brings so much to the table that they could probably build the game around him and people would love it.
Bragatyr
Sage
Sage

Achievements: 65

Postby R-90-2 » Wed Jun 12, '13, 1:35 am

Flames of Yagami wrote:
For a diehard Mega Man fan, this news is absolutely awesome, especially considering what's been happening these last few years. Also, I'm kind of shocked that Mega Man was picked over Ryu, but the Blue Bomber beats Street Fighter any day in my book, so I'm cool with it.

Can't say I'm surprised- Street Fighter has always been more associated with arcades and later systems much more than it has been for Nintendo, whereas Nintendo systems hosted eight of the "Classic" Megaman games (1-7, plus Megaman & Bass), and four games in the X-Series. It's an iconic Nintendo system action game, whereas Street Fighter... Not so much.
Do not say: How is it that former times were better than these? For it is not out of wisdom that you ask about this. Ecclesiastes 7:10
ImageImageImageImage
R-90-2
Alisa Pilot
Alisa Pilot

Achievements: 78

Postby Wolf Bird » Wed Jun 12, '13, 2:50 am

I know my boyfriend was quite excited over this! Hope there are more good character reveals in the future, and that they'll return a good number of the characters. I'd really love to see Mewtwo again...
Next Pokemon game(s): Pearl
Last finished Pokémon game: Shield
Other games: Skyrim Special Edition (Switch), Spyro Reignited Trilogy (Switch & PS4), Okami (Switch & PS4)
Other gaming goals: completing a Living Pokedex (minus some event Pokes) and going through at least 1 game per generation

Wolf Bird

Achievements: 420

Postby Flames of Yagami » Wed Jun 12, '13, 10:43 pm

Wolf Bird wrote:I know my boyfriend was quite excited over this! Hope there are more good character reveals in the future, and that they'll return a good number of the characters. I'd really love to see Mewtwo again...

Mewtwo has a new form in Polemon X and Y, and he is going to be in the next Pokemon movie, so I have a hunch that he'll be in this one. I still wish he was in Brawl though.
Flames of Yagami
Alisa Pilot
Alisa Pilot

Achievements: 212

Postby Thoul » Thu Jul 4, '13, 6:05 am

I wasn't really looking forward to another Smash Bros., but I have to say that the Mega Man reveal did a lot to turn my opinion around. There's an impressive amount of effort in it. Not only does the integration of so many classic Robot Master attacks look great, but they've even got some of the classic Mega Man sound effects for his movement and attacks. I think this will be a huge bonus to the game.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Return to General Gaming