Godzilla on Blu-Ray

Chat about your latest viewings of the big screen movies.

Godzilla on Blu-Ray

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Sat Jan 21, '12, 1:52 am

Godzilla fans may be very happy soon as some Godzilla movies may be going blu-ray:

http://movies.msn.com/paralleluniverse/ ... -universe/

That may be great for the classic Godzilla movies, but I wonder when they are going to make a new Godzilla movie...I think it's time...don't you?

:rose: Happy 27th Anniversary Fringes Of Algo :rose:
~ Founded April 01, 1997 ~

Silver_Surfer1

Achievements: 499

Re: Godzilla on Blu-Ray

Postby Wolf Bird » Sat Jan 21, '12, 1:55 am

Actually, they are making one, slated for release this year.

http://godzilla.wikia.com/wiki/Godzilla_(2012_film)

Now, it's going to be an American Godzilla...and hopefully they won't butcher the character like they did in 1998 with Emmerich's movie.

Anywho, I wouldn't mind Godzilla on blu-ray. But me enjoying Godzilla on blu-ray would require me to get something that can play blu-ray.
Next Pokemon game(s): Pearl
Last finished Pokémon game: Shield
Other games: Skyrim Special Edition (Switch), Spyro Reignited Trilogy (Switch & PS4), Okami (Switch & PS4)
Other gaming goals: completing a Living Pokedex (minus some event Pokes) and going through at least 1 game per generation

Wolf Bird

Achievements: 420

Postby Thoul » Sat Jan 21, '12, 3:32 am

From what little I've read about the new American movie, they seem to have a good grasp of what the fans want to see in a Godzilla movie. I have more faith in it to be respectful and true to the heart of the Godzilla films than then 1998 movie.

I read somewhere that Toho was going to stop making Godzilla films for ten years following the last one. That movie was released in 2004, though, so Toho's self imposed break should be nearly over as well.

As for blue ray... yeah. I don't have a means of playing any blu ray stuff, so I don't care much about that. It's good that the old films are getting new releases, though.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Postby Wolf Bird » Sat Jan 21, '12, 3:40 am

I'd still like to see DVD releases of some movies. I know Godzilla '85 never had a DVD release. I'm not sure about Godzilla vs. Biollante, and I think some of the 60s movies also never saw DVD releases.
Next Pokemon game(s): Pearl
Last finished Pokémon game: Shield
Other games: Skyrim Special Edition (Switch), Spyro Reignited Trilogy (Switch & PS4), Okami (Switch & PS4)
Other gaming goals: completing a Living Pokedex (minus some event Pokes) and going through at least 1 game per generation

Wolf Bird

Achievements: 420

Postby Thoul » Sat Jan 21, '12, 4:33 am

That stinks. It's amazing how much stuff is still not available on DVD after all this time. Tracking down a VHS for older movies like that can be really difficult.

I'm surprised there's not some kind of great big Godzilla collection with all the movies on it. I suppose there are too many of them for that.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Postby Lucas » Sat Jan 21, '12, 12:18 pm

Interesting, Madman Entertainment who are the major anime suppliers for Australia release all the classic Japanese Godzilla films here as well. Although it appears their website has run out of stock on a lot of movies, as they have released far more than what they’re displaying in that list.

http://www.madman.com.au/actions/catalo ... &sortKey=3

"It's always fun to kill a god." ~ Akuma (Marvel vs. Capcom 3)
Lucas
Protector
Protector

Achievements: 175

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Sun Mar 24, '13, 1:40 am

Found some news on a new "Godzilla" movie they are making and thought I would just post it here in this topic since it is "Godzilla" related.

http://social.entertainment.msn.com/mov ... c97b90823d

I'll be looking for this one in May 2014 and enjoy celebrating the big guy's 60th anniversary!! :yes:

:rose: Happy 27th Anniversary Fringes Of Algo :rose:
~ Founded April 01, 1997 ~

Silver_Surfer1

Achievements: 499

Return to Feature Films