Jenna Bush Wedding

General discussion of subjects beyond the scope of the other forums.

Jenna Bush Wedding

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Thu May 8, '08, 7:14 pm

It seems that this weekend is when Jenna Bush (the daughter of current President George Bush & his wife Laura) is planning to have her wedding. Jenna could have had a White House wedding, but instead chose to have her wedding at the Bush Ranch in Crawford, Texas.

I respect her wishes for not having her wedding at the White House. I believe among other reasons, they just did not think it was a very good idea or very proper since we were in a time of " war ", I think is what I read. Also, the ranch is her home and probably a more beloved place, etc.

However, I think it would have been fun seeing such a gorgeous event held in such a gorgeous place as the White House. It may have drawn some criticisms if a wedding were held there now, but that would happen no matter what. It would have been exciting to see a White House Wedding.

I understand there are some traditions for a White House wedding such as inviting the last White House wedding bride to the current wedding also. In this case, the last White House bride was Patricia Nixon, I think it was. It will be interesting to see if she is invited to the wedding in Crawford.

So, what do you think? Should the wedding have been held at The White House, or not?
Good Friday ~ March 29, 2024

:rose: Happy 26th Anniversary Fringes Of Algo~Founded April 01, 1997 :rose:

Silver_Surfer1

Achievements: 499

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Mon May 12, '08, 6:02 pm

Jenna and Henry were married over the weekend at The Bush Ranch in Crawford, Texas. From pictures I saw online, it looked liked a lovely wedding and she was a very pretty bride. Congratulations to the newlywed couple.
Good Friday ~ March 29, 2024

:rose: Happy 26th Anniversary Fringes Of Algo~Founded April 01, 1997 :rose:

Silver_Surfer1

Achievements: 499

Return to Casual Conversation