Vatican Navitiy Scene

Celebrating all those special times in each year.

Vatican Navitiy Scene

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Tue Dec 18, '07, 10:40 pm

The Vatican has decided to do a bit of changing this year with their annual Christmas Nativity Scene:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.jh ... ome114.xml

And, what about the Nativity scene mentioned in Naples where they have various figures included - even one of Elvis Presley!!!!!!!!!! In a weird way, that kinda makes some sense, ya know. :idea:

:rose: Happy 27th Anniversary Fringes Of Algo :rose:
~ Founded April 01, 1997 ~

Silver_Surfer1

Achievements: 499

Postby Thoul » Tue Dec 18, '07, 11:52 pm

That's... different. I've never seen or heard of a nativity that wasn't centered around the manger. It would be nice to see something more creative than the same old scene.

The article sounds like there's almost favoritism over which gospel is more gospel. I suppose it really doesn't matter what is in one's nativity scene, as long as one is celebrating the holiday.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Mon Dec 24, '07, 4:01 am

LOL, speaking of Nativity scenes, I saw on the news today where some folks are so tired of others stealing their church nativity scenes or pieces of it, that they have now installed tracker device chips in the decorations. Good idea.

Silver_Surfer1

Postby SparkyIII » Mon Dec 24, '07, 7:09 am

What horrible people. Stealing.
Everything has a pattern. Something set. Even random things. They aren't random at all, its complex mathematics. The trick is to find the pattern. Then you can exploit it.

People think things have a certain end. Taxes. Work. Due dates don't really exist. Trust me. When you put a band of world scholars in the same room, and set them on talking about anything, the most interesting topics come up. The existence of negative time. The probability of "random occurrence". The government's involvement in the media. And falsified due dates. They aren't real, trust me....
SparkyIII
Sage
Sage

Achievements: 40

Re: Vatican Navitiy Scene

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Sat Dec 9, '23, 6:02 pm

Haven't heard of any special Nativity scenes this year. Will keep a lookout for them.

Silver_Surfer1

Return to Holidays