Sometimes, all you need is a little imagination...

General discussion of subjects beyond the scope of the other forums.

Sometimes, all you need is a little imagination...

Postby Aeroprism » Mon Jul 26, '10, 4:24 am

I had a truly awesome day. Went biking for kilometers and kilometers, went to a BBQ at my friends who brought their kids therefore; spent the afternoon trashing around in the swimming pool with my godson and four other 3-6 years old kids. Long story short, I exercised way more than usual; I'm overdosing on endorphins, happy as a clam.

I had to spend my evening at work from 6h30 to 11H00 to fix a networking issue. No big deal, I had worse Sunday evenings in my life.

I come out of work, get in the car, open the windows to feel that awesome cool summer breeze. The roads are near deserted, the evening lights cast a happy glow everywhere.

Imagination calls. I just put some really chill electronic music, crank the volume, ride the highway home and let my mind wander, among the summer breeze and the pretty lights.

Tonight, I was not in Montreal downtown, I was on Paseo, Mota.

And it was awesome.

Good night.
Last edited by Aeroprism on Mon Jul 26, '10, 4:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
Aeroprism
Numan
Numan

Achievements: 95

Re: Sometimes, all you need is a little imagination...

Postby Tanith » Mon Jul 26, '10, 12:12 pm

That's so neat, Aero. I get lost in my surroundings, too, sometimes.

I had a good weekend. The kids are at the beach with their grandparents, so Ryan and I went to the city (DC, in this case) Saturday night to celebrate his birthday. We went to a Spanish restaurant that's right next to the Shakespeare theater. We were seated along the glass front, so it was excellent for people watching. The tapas were scrumptious; not a bad one among the few that we picked out together (the artichokes were my favorite). It was sweltering outside, but somehow that just added to the whole ambiance. We took the train just at the time when it switches over from tourists, tired and sun-beaten, to young club-goers. It was just wonderful watching the varied and frenetic city life, which we don't get at all living in the country. It was nice being out of our element for a while.

As far as imagination goes, mine wasn't as creative as yours, but for just a little while I pretended that Ryan and I were city sophisticates, that we left the kids with the nanny (ironically, they call my mother "Nanny") and that was our Porsche parked outside the restaurant.

This past winter we had quite the snow pileup. I was stuck at home for almost an entire week (followed by another almost-week of being snowed in), and I started writing my PSII fics during that time. I would be up really early in the morning, sitting in the sun room, looking at the snow falling and write a ton of stuff about Dezolis.
Tanith
Palman
Palman

Achievements: 204

Postby Aeroprism » Mon Jul 26, '10, 1:57 pm

Tanith wrote:This past winter we had quite the snow pileup. I was stuck at home for almost an entire week (followed by another almost-week of being snowed in), and I started writing my PSII fics during that time. I would be up really early in the morning, sitting in the sun room, looking at the snow falling and write a ton of stuff about Dezolis.

Awesomeness. Right there.
Aeroprism
Numan
Numan

Achievements: 95

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Tue Aug 10, '10, 9:30 pm

Aeroprism wrote:Imagination calls. I just put some really chill electronic music, crank the volume, ride the highway home and let my mind wander, among the summer breeze and the pretty lights.

Tonight, I was not in Montreal downtown, I was on Paseo, Mota.

And it was awesome.

Totally agree, the best thing you can have is a little imagination, and answering that call when it comes to you. Great post! :yes:
Palm Sunday ~ March 24, 2024

:rose: Happy 26th Anniversary Fringes Of Algo~Founded April 01, 1997 :rose:

Silver_Surfer1

Achievements: 499

Postby Thoul » Wed Aug 11, '10, 7:54 am

Ah, I envy such a wonderful imagination. I used to get a good work out of mine as well, but honestly it's been ages since I took the time to slow down and just let it flow like that.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Return to Casual Conversation