Ghostly Encounters

General discussion of subjects beyond the scope of the other forums.

Ghostly Encounters

Postby Atlinsmere » Sat Nov 1, '08, 4:33 am

Has anyone here ever seen a ghost or had an encounter with one? If so, how did you feel during that time (if you remember)?

As for myself, I have had an encounter. It was in my previous house about three years ago. All who were in the house were me and my dog. My dog was peacefully sleeping beside me and I was watching TV. I heard the kitchen sink tap go off :yikes: so I went to turn it off. At the time, I never really thought about why the tap went off until after I was done watching my show. That was my one and only encounter. It made me feel kind of stupid for neglecting the fact that my tap went off by ITSELF. Guess I should pay attention to things more often.
A simple text based signature? That's impossible!
Atlinsmere

Achievements: 392

Postby Thoul » Sat Nov 1, '08, 8:50 pm

I haven't had a close encounter myself, but I have seen a shadowy figure in a window before. I can't say it was definitely a ghost, but it was in an abandoned building that, according to legend, had been gutted by a fire. The building was missing one wall and the roof, so it could have just been someone inside it... or not.

My father once told me a story about the house he lived in as a kid. They had a rocking chair that would sometimes start rocking by itself.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Postby Wolf Bird » Sun Nov 2, '08, 2:31 am

Supposedly the place I worked at over the summer is haunted. At night, there's supposed to be loud noises in the attic, which is where I did a considerable amount of my work. I dunno about that, I'm somewhat of a skeptic with this stuff (not totally a non-believer, though), but I do find it quite interesting.
Next Pokemon game(s): Pearl
Last finished Pokémon game: Shield
Other games: Skyrim Special Edition (Switch), Spyro Reignited Trilogy (Switch & PS4), Okami (Switch & PS4)
Other gaming goals: completing a Living Pokedex (minus some event Pokes) and going through at least 1 game per generation

Wolf Bird

Achievements: 420

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Sun Nov 2, '08, 3:48 am

Never seen a ghost myself, or anything like that, but that doesn't mean I don't believe it couldn't happen. All these people that say they have seen something can't all be wrong, or can they???? :misspeak:

:rose: Happy 27th Anniversary Fringes Of Algo :rose:
~ Founded April 01, 1997 ~

Silver_Surfer1

Achievements: 499

Postby Lucas » Sun Nov 2, '08, 4:35 am

I have seen a ghost cat before. I step over it as I was comming up into the house one night and we never had any cats and it dissapeared pretty much after I step over it. It was wierd.

"It's always fun to kill a god." ~ Akuma (Marvel vs. Capcom 3)
Lucas
Protector
Protector

Achievements: 175

Postby Lemina » Sun Nov 2, '08, 2:32 pm

I've never seen a ghost myself; but my mom has seen one. If fact, she's got a picture of it. She toured all of Europe in her younger days and took lots of pictures that were converted into slides. On one of the pictures, there was this guy that was wearing an odd outfit. My mom tells me that no one saw him when that picture was taken; he only appeared in the picture. I hope that she wasn't just yanking my chain.

Credits to Altin for the sig. Thank you dude! ^_^
Lemina
Esper Apprentice
Esper Apprentice

Achievements: 29

Postby Rune_Walsh » Sun Nov 2, '08, 9:33 pm

I don't think ghosts exist, I know they exist.

I personally have had two experiences in my life. Once, while as a kid playing with my brother (he experienced it, too, so I'm not alone!), the second at a very haunted winery (I experienced a shoulder tap in the empty place; nobody was behind me, and I was alone, except for the person who was sitting in front of me). Apparently, according to workers - mysterious shoulder taps happen all the time to patrons at this particular winery.

I think some people are more sensitive sense-wise to spirits than others; this is why, I think, some experience ghosts and see and hear them, while others don't.
Rune_Walsh
Sage
Sage

Achievements: 9

Postby Lucas » Mon Nov 3, '08, 7:38 am

Rune_Walsh wrote:
I think some people are more sensitive sense-wise to spirits than others; this is why, I think, some experience ghosts and see and hear them, while others don't.

I would agree entirely with you there Rune, ghosts only show up or are around for a purpose and thats why different people can feel and sense things I guess. My Mum said when she was little seen seen a ghost of an old man in her grandfather's house who looked a lot like her grandfather. Apparently he said it was one of his brothers. :yikes: So far there the two encounters in my family including my ghost cat encounter. :blank:

"It's always fun to kill a god." ~ Akuma (Marvel vs. Capcom 3)
Lucas
Protector
Protector

Achievements: 175

Return to Casual Conversation