Ghostbusters

Discussing all the gaming matters not covered in the other forums.

Ghostbusters

Postby Thoul » Tue Mar 11, '08, 7:11 pm

Have you heard about the upcoming Ghostbusters game? The story behind it is that some of the people involved in the Ghostbusters movies wanted to make a third movie, but some of the others didn't. So instead of making it as a movie, they're making Ghostbusters III as a game with the original cast.

Given the advancements in gaming since the last set of games for this franchise, I'm really looking forward to seeing how this turns out. I hear the Wii and PS2 will get a different version than the PS3 and 360, which kind of stinks, but even so I bet it will be great.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Postby DrkTr14ce » Tue Mar 11, '08, 7:29 pm

Hmm. someone clearly has done their reading...XP

I have rather high hopes for this. While I will admit that I was too young to see it in theaters, and therefore missed out on the original fandom, I have seen the films, I've seen the screenshots, and I'll be seeing wether or not the game lives up to the hopes. (It probably won't, but I blame it on extremely high aniticipation and overall angry 'purist' fans.)
Greetings to you all. I am Kahrne Annabelle Lee, a Level 6 Sprite Artist.

DrkTr14ce
Alisa Pilot
Alisa Pilot

Achievements: 36

Re: Ghostbusters

Postby Thoul » Wed May 6, '09, 4:57 pm

It's been a while, but there's an update on this now. Apparently there is now a movie to go with it, and both are coming out in June. The game is PlayStation exclusive now, though. Atari was going to publish it, but they've dropped the ball and let Sony get their hooks into the game as a publisher. It's a pity, I was hoping to play this one.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Darkil » Wed May 6, '09, 5:44 pm

Playstation exclusive? That's a shame because I saw a few days ago it was slated for the 360 as well. I'm anxious about the movie, I heard Steve Carrell is going to play one of the Ghostbusters.
Shhh my common sense is tingling
Darkil
Dezorian
Dezorian

Achievements: 54

Postby Thoul » Wed May 6, '09, 7:31 pm

Yeah. The article I read said Sony was going to publish it for the PS3 and PS2, with a PSP version coming later. It used to be slated for the Wii as well. Maybe Atari will be able to retain publishing duties on the 360 and Wii versions, but they'll likely be released much later if at all.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Thoul » Thu May 7, '09, 7:14 pm

I read another article today that says the Sony deal is only for Europe, with Atari still publishing in the US. So I guess that's a dodged bullet on that one after all.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Snorb » Wed Jun 17, '09, 5:48 am

Reviving old thread for relevance- Ghostbusters is out now! Great reviews, a friend of mine said the game is "F'in awesome," and I feel particularly loved by my local GameStop- I got a Ghostbusters T-shirt, $10 movie cash, and a code to download a Ghostbusters II Flight Suit for Rookie in-game.

Extra special nerdy note: Dan Akyroyd himself recorded a "Thanks for preordering!" message for the game, watchable right here. I'm glad I let this one go to my cell phone's voicemail. ^_^
Read my social stuff!
The ramblings of an oldish geezer on Facebook.
@SnorbESnorb on Twitter. The "E" stands for "Everything."

Play my games!
The ArrrPG - A game I made about being a pirate. This be a first draft, matey! Though it plays just fine, clap yer eyes on th' eventual Revised an' Expanded Edition and you'll be pleased, by thunder!

Nakama: A Card Game of Magical Girls - A completely un-playtested card game about being a magical girl.

Well, excuse me while I defy all laws of logic and common sense and do it anyway.
Snorb

Achievements: 124

Postby Darkil » Thu Jun 18, '09, 3:32 am

That voicemail was awesome! I'm glad to see they go the extra mile with certain games like these.
Shhh my common sense is tingling
Darkil
Dezorian
Dezorian

Achievements: 54

Return to General Gaming