Ghost Stories

Converse about your favorite literature and reading in this study.

Ghost Stories

Postby Atlinsmere » Fri May 22, '09, 9:27 am

Well, hello everyone. Atlin here. I was bored so I decided I'd read up on some ghost stories. I ended up finding a bunch which were really good although I don't know who the original others were and thought it best not to mention the names of those who posted the stories (seeing as how they most likely pulled the good ol' copy paste technique). So without further delay, I present to you, a topic of ghost stories.

Also if you have any good ones, feel free to share.

==================================================
Story picture. Click here to read and see

---------------------------------

There was once a man who checked into a motel while on a business trip. When he was checking in, the woman at the desk told him,
"Your room is the last room on the left...and please, don't go in any other rooms, especially the last one on the right."
So the man went to his room, and went to bed, not bothering with the last room on the right. In the morning, on his way to his first business meeting, he decided he'd check out the last room on the right. He first tried the doorknob. As he expected, it was locked. He knelt down and looked into the keyhole. All he saw was a bed, with a naked woman sitting on it, facing away from the door. Her skin was the whitest he's ever seen on a person. He shrugged, and left to his meeting.

On his way back from the meeting, he stopped by the room again. He looked into the keyhole once more after trying the locked doorknob. But this time, all he saw was red. He didn't see the woman or the bed, just red.

Confused, he went back to the desk lady. He told her what he saw, so she decided to give him an explanation.

"A year or so ago, there was a murder in the room. A man murdered his wife. Since then, the woman's ghost has haunted the room. Her skin is as white as day, and her eyes are now a deep red."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

THE ANGEL

A few years ago, a mother and father decided they needed a break, so they wanted to head out for a night on the town. They called their most trusted babysitter. When the babysitter arrived, the two children were already fast asleep in bed. So the babysitter just got to sit around and make sure everything was okay with the children. Later that night, the babysitter got bored and went to watch TV, but she couldn't watch it downstairs because they did not have cable downstairs (the parents didn't want children watching too much garbage).

So, she called them and asked them if she could watch cable in the parent's room. Of course, the parents said it was ok, but the babysitter had one final request... she asked if she could cover up the angel statue outside the bedroom window with a blanket or cloth, at the very least close the blinds, because it made her nervous. The phone line was silent for a moment, and the father who was talking to the babysitter at the time said, "Take the children and get out of the house... we will call the police. We do not have an angel statue."

The police found all three of the house occupants dead within three minutes of the call. No angel statue was ever found.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

There is a video on Youtube named Mereana mordegard glesgorv. If you search this, you will find nothing. The few times you find something, all you will see is a 20 second video of a man staring intently at you, expressionless, then grinning for the last 2 seconds. The background is undefined. This is only part of the actual video.

The full video lasts 2 minutes, and was removed by Youtube after 153 people who viewed the video gouged out their eyes and mailed them to Youtube's main office in San Bruno. Said people had also committed suicide in various ways. It is not yet known how they managed to mail their eyes after gouging them out. And the cryptic inscription they carve on their forearms has not yet been deciphered.

Youtube will periodically put up the first 20 seconds of the video to quell suspicions, so that people will not go look for the real thing and upload it. The video itself was only viewed by one Youtube staff member, who started screaming after 45 seconds. This man is under constant sedatives and is apparently unable to recall what he saw. The other people who were in the same room as him while he viewed it and turned off the video for him say that all they could hear was a high pitched drilling sound. None of them dared look at the screen.

The person who uploaded the video was never found, the IP address being non-existent. And the man on the video has never been identified.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A young girl walking home from school found a small pile of Polaroid photos lying in the gutter. There were twenty in all, neatly wrapped in a rubber band. She picked them up, and as she walked she started to browse. The first photo was that of a ghostly white man on a black background, standing just far enough away from the camera that she couldn’t make out his features. The girl slid the photo to the back of the stack and looked at the next one. The photo was of the same man now standing a bit closer. The girl flipped through the next several photos quickly. With each one the man in the picture came a bit closer and his features were a bit clearer. Turning the last corner to her house, the girl noticed that the man in the photos seems to be looking at her even when she moved the stack from side to side. It frightened her, but she kept flipping them over, one by one. By the nineteenth picture, the man was so close his face completely filled the frame. His expression was the most horrifying the girl had ever seen. Walking up the driveway, she turned to the last photo. This time, instead of an image, there were two words: “Close enough.” Hearing a scream, the girl’s brother rushed to the door and opened it. All he saw was a pile of photographs lying on the doorstep. The top one looked like an extremely pale version of his sister, but she was standing too far back for him to be sure.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Don’t dismiss this outright as the work of some raving lunatic. There’s some sense to this story, if you’ll just hear me out…

Look, we all wonder if time travel is possible, right? Well, let me tell you something… it is. I’m from the future, actually. I know you probably don’t believe that, but seriously, I’m from the future. It’s a really great thing; getting to see the past, watching events unfold… stuff like that. We know more now than we ever would.

Behind all the fun, though, there’s a more serious aspect. We aren’t supposed to go in our own lifetime, and we are NEVER allowed to contact our past selves. Let me tell you, I’m breaking that rule right now. Yes, kid, you’re talking to yourself. Your future self. I’m going to be executed for this, but you know what? I accept that. I’m preventing something by talking to you that is WORSE than death. I can’t tell you outright what to do, because the filters would catch it. This is the closest I can get, trust me. I can, however, send a little message.

You should probably read the first word of every paragraph, now.

This girl was home all alone watching TV on a cold winter night. The television was right beside a sliding glass door, and the blinds were open. Suddenly she saw a wrinkled old man staring at her through the glass! She screamed, then grabbed the phone next to the couch and pulled a blanket over her head so the guy couldn't see her while she called the police. She was so terrified that she remained under the blanket until the police got there. It had snowed a lot during the day, so the police naturally decided to look for footprints. But there were no footprints at all on the snowy ground outside the sliding door. Puzzled, the police went back inside the house - and that's when they saw the wet footprints on the floor leading up to the couch where the girl was still sitting. The policemen looked at each other nervously. "Miss, you're extremely lucky," one of them finally said to her. "Why?" she asked. "Because," he said, "the man wasn't outside at all. He was in here, standing right behind the couch! What you saw in the window was his reflection."

A colleague at work heard this from her boyfriend. He works with someone who said that his sister's friend got the last tube (subway train) home a couple of weeks ago. When she got on there were 5 rows of seats empty but the last row had three people sitting in them. As she was a little afraid, she went and sat opposite these people. She settled down and looked up to see the woman sitting opposite her really staring at her.

So she got out her book and started to read but every time she looked up the woman was still staring. The train pulled into the next station and a man got on. He looked up and down the carriage, took a look at her and the people opposite her and came and sat next to her. As the train left the station the man leaned back and said quietly in her ear "If you know what's good for you, you'll get off at the next station with me". She was scared but thought the best idea would be to get off at the next station as he asked as there might be people around.

The next stop comes up and she leaves the train with this man. The man says "Thank God, I didn't mean to scare you but I had to get you off that train. I'm a doctor and the woman sitting opposite you was dead and the two men either side were propping her up". According to the guy who told this story, the girl and the doctor called the police who stopped the train at the next station.
A simple text based signature? That's impossible!
Atlinsmere

Achievements: 392

Re: Ghost Stories

Postby Lucas » Fri May 22, '09, 11:01 am

Hey nice. I definitely believe in ghosts I walked through a couple of cold spots in my life (encase no one knows a cold spot is sudden drop in temperature for unknown reasons usually in a suspicious place and when you leave that area you can feal the humidity again) and a few years back I seen a ghost cat while coming inside and at the time we had no cats and it vanished pretty much as after I stepped over it. :blank:

"It's always fun to kill a god." ~ Akuma (Marvel vs. Capcom 3)
Lucas
Protector
Protector

Achievements: 175

Postby Atlinsmere » Sat May 23, '09, 4:20 am

Lucas wrote:Hey nice. I definitely believe in ghosts I walked through a couple of cold spots in my life (encase no one knows a cold spot is sudden drop in temperature for unknown reasons usually in a suspicious place and when you leave that area you can feal the humidity again) and a few years back I seen a ghost cat while coming inside and at the time we had no cats and it vanished pretty much as after I stepped over it. :blank:

First off, it's feel not feal :D . Joking aside, I had my own encounter too. I was in my old house alone with the dog. Just sitting down watching some good ol' TV when I heard the water start to run in the kitchen. I took the dog's head off my lap since he was sleeping to go turn it off. I didn't think of it as weird at the time but I do now. That was my own encounter and hopefully not my last. ^-^
A simple text based signature? That's impossible!
Atlinsmere

Achievements: 392

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Mon May 25, '09, 9:51 pm

Well, I don't know for certain if I believe in ghosts or not, but those stories are sure spooky!!!!!!! :yikes:

Why do we love to read spooky stories???
:hyper:

:rose: Happy 27th Anniversary Fringes Of Algo :rose:
~ Founded April 01, 1997 ~

Silver_Surfer1

Achievements: 499

Postby Schala Zeal » Wed May 27, '09, 1:14 am

<-Is a chicken

Wow, those stories were creepy! The ones that probably freaked me out the most were the Polaroid picture one and the ANGEL. :wow_luigi: But all of them scared me, to be honest. ...Man, I'm not going to be able to sleep well tonight. Or look out my windows. @_@
Schala Zeal
Guardian
Guardian

Achievements: 21

Return to Leapin' Library