Star Trek 2

Chat about your latest viewings of the big screen movies.

Star Trek 2

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Thu Jul 28, '11, 11:33 am

Found some interesting tidbits regarding the upcoming Star Trek 2 movie:

http://social.entertainment.msn.com/mov ... &gt1=28101

I've been wondering when they would be doing the next movie. I've been watching some DVD's of the first movie done a year or so ago and the more I watch it the more I like it.

I still think they should get Shatner to play some role in the movie though, if they can get him. That would be awesome. Even more awesome is if they could get Leonard Nimoy back again too.

Comments or Opinions?

:rose: Happy 27th Anniversary Fringes Of Algo :rose:
~ Founded April 01, 1997 ~

Silver_Surfer1

Achievements: 499

Re: Star Trek 2

Postby Thoul » Thu Jul 28, '11, 10:12 pm

I hope they don't push it back too far. If they do, it'll lose momentum. There's an action video game coming up that is supposedly going to bridge the story of the two movies. From the trailer, it actually looks good, unlike most movie games.

It would be great if they could work Shatner into the story. However they do, it'll have to involve some kind of time travel plot. The writers might not want to go that route again after doing one movie on it. Seeing Nimoy again would be great, too. At some point the new cast is going to have to carry a movie without any help from the old guard, though.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Fri May 4, '12, 2:49 am

Found this article that seems to hint that actor Leonard Nimoy may be back for the new "Star Trek" movie:

http://movies.msn.com/movies/article.as ... r-mov-news

Nimoy had announced his retirement, but can Spock ever retire?? I don't think so.

Will you be happy to see Nimoy back as Spock in the new film, or do you think he's done enough already?

:rose: Happy 27th Anniversary Fringes Of Algo :rose:
~ Founded April 01, 1997 ~

Silver_Surfer1

Achievements: 499

Postby Thoul » Fri May 4, '12, 5:40 am

I say let him play Spock as long as he's able. The more the better. The new guy did a good job as a younger Spock, but the original should get to have as long of a run as possible.

These days, retirement in acting is a code word for "I'll be back only if the script is great." Mark Hammil said he was retiring from voicing the Joker a couple of times, but he keeps coming back for more. No reason someone like Nimoy can't do the same.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Return to Feature Films