Generations

Continue the story of Algo in side story, remake, and collection games.

Re: Generations

Postby The $ Avenger » Thu Jun 14, '07, 12:00 am

Bad hairdos aside, I wish they would have brought these games over here, and finished updating PSIII and IV too. Sigh.
"Impossible is just a word people use to make themselves feel better when they quit." Vyse, Skies of Arcadia Legends.
The $ Avenger
Esper Elder
Esper Elder

Achievements: 7

Re: Generations

Postby Neithird » Fri Jun 15, '07, 3:02 pm

Yeah... no matter how much we may make fun of their looks or be wistfully thinking of our beloved Genesis games, we'd all love to get translated versions of these remakes.

Do you hear me Sega? I'm talking to you here! :yaknow:
:clyde: · · · :pacman: · · · · · · ● · · · · :inky: · · ·
"Freedom is the right of all sentient beings." ~ Optimus Prime
Neithird
Sage
Sage

Achievements: 21

Postby Thoul » Fri Aug 10, '07, 5:12 am

I've been playing more of Generation 1 recently. It's interesting to me that they didn't change the dungeon layouts much. So far I've only gotten up to the point where Lutz joins, but all the dungeons are identical, except for an extra area in the cave where Odin was turned to stone.

Even the treasure chests are in the same place. They mostly have different contents, like getting the Laser Gun in Lutz's cave instead of a Cola. It's a really great gun by the way; it hits all the monsters, like a slasher. Myau still comes up short in equipment; the only thing I've found for him is one piece of armor. :irked: i've gone through four weapons on Odin and still haven't gotten one for Myau. Supposedly Lutz gets to use slashers at some point. I look forward to trying that.

Algo certain did suffer a lot of inflation, though. Remember all those chests in the original that had 10 or 20 meseta? Now they're all 1,000 or 2,000 or 4,000. :o
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Postby Shinuzzo » Fri Aug 10, '07, 6:40 am

Yeah, it would be nice to see the rest of the Phantasy Star 2 cast actually get to say something during the course of the game.

Well, it does seem a little silly that someone would bother to stash 10 or 20 meseta away in a chest.
Shinuzzo
Guardian
Guardian

Achievements: 25

Postby Thoul » Sun Aug 12, '07, 12:40 am

One other thing I just realized that was changed in PSG1. It looks like they've removed all the religious references. The churches and priests are gone, replaced by a hospital. That makes me wonder if they kept the "Lashiec and the death cult" concept from the original.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Previous

Return to Other Classics