A day of sadness...

General discussion of subjects beyond the scope of the other forums.

A day of sadness...

Postby Atlinsmere » Tue May 6, '08, 5:23 pm

Today is a day of sadness for me. Today marks the anniversary of when my sister and unborn niece got in a car accident and died. I'm sad and am in school. I was given an assignment and yet I can not concentrate on it.

My sister died in a truck rollover on May 6, 2007. She was 9 months pregnant with my unborn niece. Her boyfriend was driving at the time. They think he was falling asleep behind the wheel and began going into the next lane. He caught himself and turned to quickly and that is what resulted in the crash. It pains me to think of it yet I feel the need to post this.

I'd give you links to some articles but I can't find any. Also Thoul, I didn't know where to put this topic so I put it here. Move it if you need to.
A simple text based signature? That's impossible!
Atlinsmere

Achievements: 392

Postby Thoul » Tue May 6, '08, 8:17 pm

I'm sorry for your loss. Losing one family member is hard enough, but two at once is so much more tragic. Especially when one didn't even get a chance to experience the joys of life. :cry:
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Tue May 6, '08, 10:27 pm

Trenzer, I am very sorry to hear of the loss of your sister and niece. It wasn't that long ago from the date you listed, which must make it even harder to bear in some respects. You have my deepest sympathies.

Some people say time helps heal some wounds, but you never get over losing a loved one - I know.

It must also be extra painful losing them the way you described without time for goodbye's, etc. If I may ask, what ever happened to the boyfriend after the wreck?

It is totally understandable that you aren't able to concentrate on other activities, etc., during this time. I think teachers, etc., would be understanding of that too, if they know why.

Take some special time for yourself! You deserve it.
Good Friday ~ March 29, 2024

:rose: Happy 26th Anniversary Fringes Of Algo~Founded April 01, 1997 :rose:

Silver_Surfer1

Achievements: 499

Postby Atlinsmere » Tue May 6, '08, 11:30 pm

Thank you guys. And to answer your question. Her boyfriend I believe was cremated. None of them suvived. If I remember correctly, he (Being respectful to the family's wishes in keeping him anonymous) had a leg torn off or something like that.

It's hard to believe its been a year since it happened. This hurt even worse than three years ago when my great-Grandma died then two days later my Grandpa died.

Either or thank you all for helping me out through this time. I appreciate it muchly.
Atlinsmere

Postby Wolf Bird » Wed May 7, '08, 2:34 am

Don't even try to concentrate on your assignment, Trenzer, it's probably the worst thing you can do for yourself now.

Though it was a year ago, it's still going to hurt and any good teacher/professor would understand the circumstances. I'm sorry for your losses there a year ago.

:grouphug:
Next Pokemon game(s): Pearl
Last finished Pokémon game: Shield
Other games: Skyrim Special Edition (Switch), Spyro Reignited Trilogy (Switch & PS4), Okami (Switch & PS4)
Other gaming goals: completing a Living Pokedex (minus some event Pokes) and going through at least 1 game per generation

Wolf Bird

Achievements: 420

Postby Atlinsmere » Wed May 7, '08, 2:28 pm

Thanks Caged Wolf. (Alright if I call you CW for short?) I know what you mean. The only teacher who wasn't exactly that respectful was my art teacher. Even after I told her she replied with "Well then, you better really focus on your work then." I just barely did anything in that class much like the others. Though she did give me an idea on what I can do.

The current unit we are doing in art is pottery and she suggested I make a memorial candle holder. So that's what I decided to do.
Atlinsmere

Postby Wolf Bird » Wed May 7, '08, 10:02 pm

Trenzer wrote:Thanks Caged Wolf. (Alright if I call you CW for short?) I know what you mean. The only teacher who wasn't exactly that respectful was my art teacher. Even after I told her she replied with "Well then, you better really focus on your work then." I just barely did anything in that class much like the others. Though she did give me an idea on what I can do.

The current unit we are doing in art is pottery and she suggested I make a memorial candle holder. So that's what I decided to do.

Yes, you can call be CW, Kaloes has started calling me Caged. All I care on this issue is that I know you're referring to me.

That's actually a really cool idea, I'm glad your art teacher suggested it, especially after being kind of disrespectful. That's a nice tribute to your sister and your unborn niece. Hope you're doing better today.
Next Pokemon game(s): Pearl
Last finished Pokémon game: Shield
Other games: Skyrim Special Edition (Switch), Spyro Reignited Trilogy (Switch & PS4), Okami (Switch & PS4)
Other gaming goals: completing a Living Pokedex (minus some event Pokes) and going through at least 1 game per generation

Wolf Bird

Achievements: 420

Return to Casual Conversation