Megaman Universe

Discussing all the gaming matters not covered in the other forums.

Megaman Universe

Postby Flames of Yagami » Fri Sep 10, '10, 3:53 am

Not to long ago Capcom announced Megaman Universe, a new entry in the classic series for PSN and XBLA. I don't know a whole lot about it but it does have some pretty cool features.

A few different characters have been revealed: Megaman, Rockman, Ryu, Arthur from Ghosts N Goblins, and even the Megaman from the NES box art: "Bad Box Art" Megaman (whom I like to call "Mega Chimp"). You can also make your own characters and give them unique abilities.

From what I could see, gameplay is based on the classic games. I learned today that you can even make your own stages and upload them online like in Megaman Powered Up so I assume that this will be like Little Big Planet.

That's pretty much all I know up to this point, but it does look like it'll be a very fun title, especially if you enjoy both Megaman and LittleBig Planet
Last edited by Flames of Yagami on Fri Sep 10, '10, 3:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
Flames of Yagami
Alisa Pilot
Alisa Pilot

Achievements: 212

Re: Megaman Universe

Postby Thoul » Fri Sep 10, '10, 10:05 am

It sounds like an interesting direction to take the Mega Man series on. I hope the upload feature turns out to be as successful as Little Big Planet seems to have become.

I'm rather surprised at all the characters that are included, though. Especially Box Art Mega Man. Someone must have had a good laugh at the idea of that version finally getting into a video game. :lol:
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Postby Thoul » Fri Sep 10, '10, 9:46 pm

This morning I saw some news stories about this title. It allows players to create their own custom version of Mega Man, too. If they allow usage of most of the old boss bodies, that could lead to some interesting combos.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Postby MrKite » Sat Sep 11, '10, 5:56 am

This game does look really awesome, and I cannot wait for it.
Mr. Kite, FOA's resident Alys Brangwin fanboy. Thank you Lyla2284 for making this pic that I used to make this sig.

MrKite
Sage
Sage

Achievements: 59

Postby Flames of Yagami » Thu Mar 31, '11, 7:34 pm

Bad news. Megaman Universe has been canceled for "various reasons".

http://www.siliconera.com/2011/03/31/it ... -universe/

*sigh* What a shame, I was really looking forward to this game. We better have X as DLC for MvC3 to make up for this, but even if that doesn't happen, at least we're getting Megaman Legends 3.
Flames of Yagami
Alisa Pilot
Alisa Pilot

Postby Thoul » Thu Mar 31, '11, 11:37 pm

I'm very disappointed with Capcom on this one. Cancelling a game is understandable - it is just one of those things that happens in business. They could at least give us a decent reason for the cancellation, though. Lots of games have been affected by the recent tragedies in Japan. If this decision was due to that, I'm sure everyone would understand.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Flames of Yagami » Fri Apr 1, '11, 3:12 am

It's either that or it has to do with Keiji Inafune leaving Capcom. If that's the case, Megaman Legends 3 better not be in the same boat in the future. It probably won't since there's enough demand for it.
Flames of Yagami
Alisa Pilot
Alisa Pilot

Postby Flames of Yagami » Fri Apr 1, '11, 8:56 am

It seems Capcom of Japan thinks Megaman isn't popular in the US

http://www.siliconera.com/2011/03/31/ca ... n-the-u-s/

Looks like CoJ is turning into SNK Playmore, they don't care about their fans. Megaman has a strong fanbase outside of Japan, we just need to show them that and maybe we'll get new Megaman games.
Last edited by Flames of Yagami on Fri Apr 1, '11, 8:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
Flames of Yagami
Alisa Pilot
Alisa Pilot

Postby Thoul » Fri Apr 1, '11, 9:40 am

If that article wasn't dated with the 31st, I would have thought that was an April Fool's joke. Capcom Japan is really out of touch if they think Mega Man is not popular. This series is one of the icons of gaming.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Celeith » Tue Apr 5, '11, 11:21 pm

Whoa extreme white text!!!!!

*cough* Anyways how could they think Mega Man isn't big in the US. He's like one of the top 4 well known characters in the US. The others being Mario, Samus, and Link&or Zelda.
Cele~Chan Streaming
Saturday at 8pm cst and Sunday at 6pm cst.
The Subscribe button is just a click away.
Celeith
Palman
Palman

Achievements: 111

Next

Return to General Gaming