Gaming Regrets

Discussing all the gaming matters not covered in the other forums.

Gaming Regrets

Postby S4Blade » Wed Feb 5, '14, 1:53 pm

If you could change anything about your gaming past, what would it be?

First, I would probably have spent some more time with the fighting games I like. Learning the intricacies for fighting games can be pretty time consuming, and since I don't know anyone that plays them, I never fully explore what fighting games have to offer on the competitive level. I've tried playing fighting games online, but it never feels fluid to me. I miss the old days of being able to go to the arcades to play others in fighting games. Not having opponents kind of hurts my desire to play them.

Secondly, I wish I would have got into the Ninja Gaiden games sooner. I put off playing them for a long time, and when I played Ninja Gaiden Black I was in love with the game, and I still am. Such a finely crafted game. Sure it has its problems, but the good far outweighs the bad.

Third, I wish I would have spent more time playing WOW when my friends were really into it. Most of the people I know don't play it anymore, and I find myself wanting to play it so bad, but they have moved on to other games. I can enjoy the game by playing alone just as well, but it would have been cool to be able to group up with them and do dungeons. I tried using the Dungeon Finder, but I'm not a big fan of doing Dungeons with random people who constantly criticize me.

So what are your gaming regrets? or things you would change about your gaming past if you could.
Last edited by S4Blade on Wed Feb 5, '14, 1:53 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Currently Playing: Nothing

S4Blade
Esper Apprentice
Esper Apprentice

Achievements: 39

Re: Gaming Regrets

Postby Wolf Bird » Wed Feb 5, '14, 3:22 pm

My biggest two regrets…one is easily not playing EarthBound sooner. Now, I excuse myself on this one on some level for this reason. I grew up with a Genesis, not an SNES, and it wasn't until Super Smash Brothers that EarthBound started to rise out of obscurity and I started hearing about it, as I had a neighbor with an N64 (I had a Playstation). So it entered my consciousness around middle school and just hung there. Then I heard about it from friends during college and it wasn't until the summer between my junior and senior year that I finally emulated it after having heard about how good it is for at least two or three years, and it existing in my head since middle school. I fell in love within two minutes.

The second regret, and one I can't excuse myself for because of lacking the right consoles, is not playing Red Dead Redemption sooner despite having the right console for over a year. I got my PS3 for my birthday in 2012, and one of the games I got with it was LA Noire (another Rockstar title), and I also got a Gamestop gift card. My boyfriend and I got to Gamestop that weekend, and I had a list of games I wanted to get. He pointed out Red Dead to me and said I should try it sometime, especially as I had least enjoyed watching him play LA Noire (and then playing it myself). I did not take that advice until March of 2013. I got it, and put it on my shelf. Did not play it for a couple weeks. One night, I was playing my PS3 and I put in the Ratchet & Clank HD collection and started the first R&C game (which I'm now finishing). But it wasn't clicking. Tried another game, I think 3D Dot Game Heroes. Not clicking. Go to my shelf, what do I want to play…and something in me chose Red Dead, despite having not tried it or looked at gameplay videos. Like EarthBound, I fell in love in minutes.
Next Pokemon game(s): Pearl
Last finished Pokémon game: Shield
Other games: Skyrim Special Edition (Switch), Spyro Reignited Trilogy (Switch & PS4), Okami (Switch & PS4)
Other gaming goals: completing a Living Pokedex (minus some event Pokes) and going through at least 1 game per generation

Wolf Bird

Achievements: 420

Postby Bragatyr » Wed Feb 5, '14, 3:24 pm

My biggest regret is that I wish I would have kept my Sega Genesis and Game Gear, with all my games. I've really gotta track down all the Sega systems, I really missed out on a lot with them, especially the Saturn and Dreamcast.
Bragatyr
Sage
Sage

Achievements: 65

Postby myau56 » Fri Feb 7, '14, 9:51 pm

One of my biggest regrets ? Haven't played PHANTASY STAR in the right order ! :( At that time, I didn't really see a problem about play the first one then the third and after the second and finally the fourth : I wasn't very efficient in English language (and all those Phantasy Stars were never translated in french) so no problem about the scenarios but after that, there was the problem about Palma.. and I have learnt about it in the third one ! One of my biggest regret (but there is surely many others !! ;) )
Phantasy Star Forever

myau56
Algolian Master
Algolian Master

Achievements: 209

Return to General Gaming