Games You Would Like To See Return for the Current Gen

Discussing all the gaming matters not covered in the other forums.

Games You Would Like To See Return for the Current Gen

Postby S4Blade » Mon Apr 7, '14, 1:06 am

Now that all of the major players have entered the ring for the current generation of games, what are some games you would like to see return for the new systems?

- I would like to see a 2D Metroidvania style Castlevania game for the 3DS or the Vita.

- I would like to see a new "exclusive" Splinter Cell game on the Wii U that took advantage of the Wii U gamepad.

- On Xbox One and PS4 I would like to see a return of the Ninja Gaiden series, which is already in the works according to Team Ninja. Although nothing has been revealed yet.

- On PC I would FINALLY like to get North American localizations for Phantasy Star Online 2 and Blade & Soul.

- On yeah, a sequel to Ikaruga would be great too

- Finally, I would like to see a new 3D fighting game from one of the big franchises. Virtua Fighter, Dead or Alive, Soul Calibur, or Tekken. I almost wouldn't even care which one at this point.
Last edited by S4Blade on Mon Apr 7, '14, 1:06 am, edited 2 times in total.
Currently Playing: Nothing

S4Blade
Esper Apprentice
Esper Apprentice

Achievements: 39

Re: Games You Would Like To See Return for the Current Gen

Postby jessie » Mon Apr 7, '14, 2:21 am

Alex Kidd is overdue for a new game. I would also like to see a proper sequel to Phantasy Star four (not online or anything like that) a proper turn based RPG.
All men dream: but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find that it was vanity: but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act their dreams with open eyes, to make it possible.
ImageImage
ImageImage
jessie
Numan
Numan

Postby Bragatyr » Mon Apr 7, '14, 2:33 am

Metroid, F-Zero, Star Fox, Mega Man (classic series, specifically), and Breath of Fire would be amazing (I don't count this Breath of Fire VI web-based catastrophe).

But yeah, on the even less likely list I would love to see a classic Phantasy Star, and Beyond Oasis! I would have mentioned Killer Instinct, but that awesomely enough actually got a new lease on life, much to my surprise (though I unfortunately probably won't be able to play it). That alone is pretty cool, shows that video game dreams can come true.
Bragatyr
Sage
Sage

Achievements: 65

Postby myau56 » Mon Apr 7, '14, 11:09 am

jessie wrote:Alex Kidd is overdue for a new game. I would also like to see a proper sequel to Phantasy Star four (not online or anything like that) a proper turn based RPG.

Not less that same here ! And like Bragatyr have said too ! Another sequel and a TRUE new Phantasy Star "Old-school" type ! Not an online game, please...I'm fed up of online games and I don't play online games anymore ! so...
(sure it's a dream that will never come true but...^^)
Last edited by myau56 on Mon Apr 7, '14, 8:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Phantasy Star Forever

myau56
Algolian Master
Algolian Master

Achievements: 209

Postby Hukos » Mon Apr 7, '14, 8:24 pm

Classic Castlevania please

CV4 type whip controls + Symphony's fluid control + semi-nonlinearity via Rondo of Blood

Please Konami!

That would basically be perfect.
I feel the way you would
Hukos
Android
Android

Achievements: 41

Postby S4Blade » Tue Apr 8, '14, 12:01 am

jessie wrote:Alex Kidd is overdue for a new game. I would also like to see a proper sequel to Phantasy Star four (not online or anything like that) a proper turn based RPG.

I remember Alex Kidd. I played the crap out of Alex Kidd in Miracle World when I was younger. I wish they would make some Alex Kidd games instead of milking the Sonic series.

S4Blade
Esper Apprentice
Esper Apprentice

Postby Bragatyr » Tue Apr 8, '14, 4:04 am

Hukos wrote:Classic Castlevania please

CV4 type whip controls + Symphony's fluid control + semi-nonlinearity via Rondo of Blood

Please Konami!

That would basically be perfect.

I would love a new classic Castlevania. Anything remotely like Rondo of Blood would work for me, that's pretty much platforming perfection in my mind.
Bragatyr
Sage
Sage

Achievements: 65

Postby Atlinsmere » Tue Apr 8, '14, 5:11 am

Nobody said Crash Bandicoot yet. I would love a new Crash game. A proper Crash game too, not another racing game as much as I loved the original CTR.

I would also love another Chrono entry to follow Chrono Trigger and Chrono Cross. I'm sure it would sell well in this day and age assuming they don't mess it up.

Lastly, I would love if they did another Pokemon game like Colleseum or XD for Gamecube. Those games were a lot of fun and I loved the whole shadow Pokemon concept they had. Only problem is it would be the Wii U, a system I don't plan on buying.
A simple text based signature? That's impossible!
Atlinsmere

Achievements: 392

Postby myau56 » Tue Apr 8, '14, 12:27 pm

Yeah,an ol school Castlevania game would be great, even if the last ones were good :)
Phantasy Star Forever

myau56
Algolian Master
Algolian Master

Achievements: 209

Postby S4Blade » Wed Apr 9, '14, 8:40 am

Atlinsmere wrote:I would also love another Chrono entry to follow Chrono Trigger and Chrono Cross. I'm sure it would sell well in this day and age assuming they don't mess it up.

Lastly, I would love if they did another Pokemon game like Colleseum or XD for Gamecube. Those games were a lot of fun and I loved the whole shadow Pokemon concept they had. Only problem is it would be the Wii U, a system I don't plan on buying.

I fear what would happen to a new Chrono game these days. Square has been quite misguided as of late. Although the success of Bravely Default is making them re-think their strategy on games and may cause them to return to their roots once again. According to this article: http://www.siliconera.com/2014/03/31/br ... ink-jrpgs/

I hear you about the Wii U. I had the same opinions about it, but I ended up getting one and I think it's a really neat piece of hardware. It may not have a great selection of games, but it has some potential.
Last edited by S4Blade on Wed Apr 9, '14, 8:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

S4Blade
Esper Apprentice
Esper Apprentice

Next

Return to General Gaming