Games you want to play but haven't

Discussing all the gaming matters not covered in the other forums.

Games you want to play but haven't

Postby Wolf Bird » Mon Feb 17, '14, 6:41 pm

This topic could also be titled 'Gamer problems'. :wink:

I imagine most of us have run into this problem of having games we want to play, but have not, whether it be for time issues, not having the right platforms, etc. And that list seems to grow faster than you can get through it, or at least it has for me lately. For the purposes of this topic, I'm going to include games you want to replay, whether it be for fun, or to take a different path or make choices you didn't make the first time, and also additional content for games you have played.

My list, yeah, it keeps growing and grew by one more yesterday, as I finally picked up a copy of Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time. And I still haven't even played the original trilogy, but I do have that HD collection. I also still have the second and third Jak & Daxter games on the HD collection, as well as the second and third Ratchet & Clank games. R&C Future: Into the Nexus also came out recently, but I still haven't played the Future games beyond Tools of Destruction.

Getting away from HD remakes of PS2 games…I still haven't touched Fallout 3 or its DLC, as I have the Game of the Year edition. Mass Effect and Bioshock are in progress, but I know the former lends itself to replays so you can try all the classes and make different choices on each play through, but then there's the subsequent games in those series. I haven't touched the Dawnguard expansion of Skyrim beyond the werewolf skill tree, nor the DLC cases for LA Noire…though I'm thinking of playing those after I finish Mass Effect 1.

For retro games…well, I never played Castlevania IV. I've borrowed a copy and will eventually play through that. And I've got Super Ghouls & Ghosts, which I will someday beat…maybe in a few years…and a myriad of other Genesis and SNES platformers I want to play, some revisits from my childhood.

And I've also gotten the itch to replay Okami again. It doesn't have much replay value, but it's a game I love so much I want to revisit that world periodically. Fortunately, there's nothing coming out in the near future that really interests me that much, so maybe I can finally make a dent in my queue. Unless, of course, I end up getting a Steambox.

So, what are some of your games that you want to play, but just have not yet?
Next Pokemon game(s): Pearl
Last finished Pokémon game: Shield
Other games: Skyrim Special Edition (Switch), Spyro Reignited Trilogy (Switch & PS4), Okami (Switch & PS4)
Other gaming goals: completing a Living Pokedex (minus some event Pokes) and going through at least 1 game per generation

Wolf Bird

Achievements: 420

Re: Games you want to play but haven't

Postby Hukos » Mon Feb 17, '14, 7:04 pm

Wolf Bird wrote:For retro games…well, I never played Castlevania IV. I've borrowed a copy and will eventually play through that. And I've got Super Ghouls & Ghosts, which I will someday beat…maybe in a few years…and a myriad of other Genesis and SNES platformers I want to play, some revisits from my childhood.

Super Castlevania IV is one of my favorite games of all time. Do yourself a favor and play it.

As for me? Way too many to count. I guess FF12/13, Mass Effect, Rachet and Klank to name a few.
I feel the way you would
Hukos
Android
Android

Achievements: 41

Postby Wolf Bird » Mon Feb 17, '14, 7:56 pm

Hukos wrote:Super Castlevania IV is one of my favorite games of all time. Do yourself a favor and play it.

As for me? Way too many to count. I guess FF12/13, Mass Effect, Rachet and Klank to name a few.

I definitely plan to! Heard more than enough good things about it. I just didn't have an SNES growing up, so never got the chance on this one.

And you do yourself a favor and play the Ratchet & Clank games - those are some of my favorite PS2 games!
Next Pokemon game(s): Pearl
Last finished Pokémon game: Shield
Other games: Skyrim Special Edition (Switch), Spyro Reignited Trilogy (Switch & PS4), Okami (Switch & PS4)
Other gaming goals: completing a Living Pokedex (minus some event Pokes) and going through at least 1 game per generation

Wolf Bird

Achievements: 420

Postby myau56 » Mon Feb 17, '14, 8:41 pm

Ah ! There is a lot of games that I want to play ! especially the Mass Effects ! I have finished the first one (which wqas so great..) and started the second one and still have it BUT my XBOX 360 is out and I don't plan to buy another one.. so I'll surely never play this serie again :(
Phantasy Star Forever

myau56
Algolian Master
Algolian Master

Achievements: 209

Postby Bragatyr » Mon Feb 17, '14, 11:51 pm

I want to play Banjo Tooie, Oracle of Ages/Seasons, Final Fantasy III, the Japanese version of FF II, FF VII through X, (no real desire to play any beyond that point), Phantasy Star Gaiden, the Ys games, and Breath of Fire III-V, for starters.
Bragatyr
Sage
Sage

Achievements: 65

Postby S4Blade » Tue Feb 18, '14, 12:41 am

Well I have over 150 games in my backlog that I have yet to play, and I have more games on the way from Amazon. So I'd like to play all of these games, but I'm lacking the time.
Currently Playing: Nothing

S4Blade
Esper Apprentice
Esper Apprentice

Achievements: 39

Postby myau56 » Tue Feb 18, '14, 9:39 pm

There are so many other games that I would like like to try and play ! :( And Like Bragatyr was saying, there is also Phantasy Star Gaiden and all the other PS that I haven't played yet :! (PSadventure and all the PS2 text adventures.)
Phantasy Star Forever

myau56
Algolian Master
Algolian Master

Achievements: 209

Return to General Gaming