Games you stink at

Discussing all the gaming matters not covered in the other forums.

Games you stink at

Postby Thoul » Wed Apr 16, '08, 7:16 pm

We all have games that we're just not very good at playing. What are some of your worst gaming moments?

I've never been able to finish Super Mario 1. I could get up to world 8-something, but never past a certain point. First person shooters are also a very bad set of games for me. I liked Metroid Prime, but that's really the only one I've truly enjoyed.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Postby Celeith » Wed Apr 16, '08, 8:56 pm

Dawn of Mana, its not that I stink at it, its just that the game is so furiously annoying that I can't really get good at it. The camera is constantly moving everytime I take a step, the battle controls are complicated enough. I probably could get better at it but I chose not to right now, I'll pick it back up when I'm done playing some of the oldies.
Cele~Chan Streaming
Saturday at 8pm cst and Sunday at 6pm cst.
The Subscribe button is just a click away.
Celeith
Palman
Palman

Achievements: 111

Postby SparkyIII » Wed Apr 16, '08, 11:49 pm

I've been pretty good at all the games I play. I'm not fabulous at versus games though.
Everything has a pattern. Something set. Even random things. They aren't random at all, its complex mathematics. The trick is to find the pattern. Then you can exploit it.

People think things have a certain end. Taxes. Work. Due dates don't really exist. Trust me. When you put a band of world scholars in the same room, and set them on talking about anything, the most interesting topics come up. The existence of negative time. The probability of "random occurrence". The government's involvement in the media. And falsified due dates. They aren't real, trust me....
SparkyIII
Sage
Sage

Achievements: 40

Postby hugues » Thu Apr 17, '08, 4:16 am

In general, I'm bad at racing games. Outrun is the only I've ever been decent at. I even stink at racing mini-games (like in all the post-Ocarina of Time Zelda games). Ever since I first tried Pole Position I've been miserable at them. Something about racing just hits a mental block in me.

Oh, and of course I got stuck for a long time in world 8-2 on Super Mario Bros like just about everyone else. If I can get past that stage I'm clear for the final two though. Speaking of NES games, I could never beat Mike Tyson in Punch-Out without cheating.
hugues
Android
Android

Achievements: 32

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Thu Apr 17, '08, 8:06 pm

I'm probably worse at more games than I am better at them, lol. :wink:

I think a lot depends on my frame of mind, attitude, etc., when I play. Sometimes I can have great luck with a game that was previously very hard, and then vice versa sometimes with having great difficulty with a game that I have previously conquered so easily. :yaknow:

:rose: Happy 27th Anniversary Fringes Of Algo :rose:
~ Founded April 01, 1997 ~

Silver_Surfer1

Achievements: 499

Postby Thoul » Thu Apr 17, '08, 11:59 pm

hugues wrote:In general, I'm bad at racing games. Outrun is the only I've ever been decent at. I even stink at racing mini-games (like in all the post-Ocarina of Time Zelda games). Ever since I first tried Pole Position I've been miserable at them. Something about racing just hits a mental block in me.

Ah yes, there's another set I'm not good at. I remember Pole Position and being quite bad at that, too. I can do okay with most racing mini-games after a few tries, but dedicated racing games always out do me.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Postby SparkyIII » Mon Apr 21, '08, 8:46 am

I couldn't ever really play Mario, but I never got into it so much. Maybe thats why? lol
Everything has a pattern. Something set. Even random things. They aren't random at all, its complex mathematics. The trick is to find the pattern. Then you can exploit it.

People think things have a certain end. Taxes. Work. Due dates don't really exist. Trust me. When you put a band of world scholars in the same room, and set them on talking about anything, the most interesting topics come up. The existence of negative time. The probability of "random occurrence". The government's involvement in the media. And falsified due dates. They aren't real, trust me....
SparkyIII
Sage
Sage

Achievements: 40

Postby Wolf Bird » Mon Apr 21, '08, 2:25 pm

In general I tend to suck at most fighting games along the lines of Soul Calibre and Mortal Kombat. I think one reason is because I could never get into them, they would bore me after a while as I just feel like those fighting games are button mashing. Plus, so many of them seem to have 2-3 characters that are WAY overpowered compared to the rest. Plus, they tend to be way too competitive and serious for me.

I'm also not into sports game. The main reason there is they just bore me to death. I can't get into sports in real life, and I can't get into them in a video game.

I think the main reasons I don't suck at Brawl considering it is a fighting game are because it's not a traditional style fighter, there's goofy items (like the dreaded banana peel, there is something funny about seeing Ganondorf slip on one), and in the end, it's a bunch of trophies killing each other, it's gloriously stupid, and I love that. :p
Next Pokemon game(s): Pearl
Last finished Pokémon game: Shield
Other games: Skyrim Special Edition (Switch), Spyro Reignited Trilogy (Switch & PS4), Okami (Switch & PS4)
Other gaming goals: completing a Living Pokedex (minus some event Pokes) and going through at least 1 game per generation

Wolf Bird

Achievements: 420

Postby Celeith » Mon Apr 21, '08, 9:23 pm

I don't like sports games myself. I mean if you look at it, every year they bring out a new version much like those Madden Football games. If you look at it every year they bring/brought out a new one and its the same game as the last, with a simple added feature such as a new team or something like that. Thats why I don't like sports games, they don't do anything. They're the Square Enix of sports games.
Cele~Chan Streaming
Saturday at 8pm cst and Sunday at 6pm cst.
The Subscribe button is just a click away.
Celeith
Palman
Palman

Achievements: 111

Postby DrkTr14ce » Sat Apr 26, '08, 6:32 pm

Hmm...I never beat SMB 1, either. (World 8-3) I suck at RTS games at the moment; I just can't work my brain fast enough to keep up with it all. I'm not great at racing games, unless it involves the word 'Mario' or 'Burnout' in the title. And I suck at sports games that are made by EA; I hate them, anyways, but that's not the reason why.
Greetings to you all. I am Kahrne Annabelle Lee, a Level 6 Sprite Artist.

DrkTr14ce
Alisa Pilot
Alisa Pilot

Achievements: 36

Return to General Gaming