Games you're good at

Discussing all the gaming matters not covered in the other forums.

Games you're good at

Postby Celeith » Sat Apr 19, '08, 8:18 am

Everyone has certain games that they probably excel greater then the people around them. What are some of your greatest game moments?

My greatest moment was sucessfully finishing Suikoden 2 while finishing Clives Quest and collecting all 108 characters in under 12hrs while staying ahead in strength and equipment. Completing the game in under 12hrs is a great accomplishment considering Suikoden 2 is about a 28-35hr game. Even when you know what you're doing.
Cele~Chan Streaming
Saturday at 8pm cst and Sunday at 6pm cst.
The Subscribe button is just a click away.
Celeith
Palman
Palman

Achievements: 111

Postby Wolf Bird » Sat Apr 19, '08, 2:12 pm

Actually, I think one of my best game moments was a couple days ago in Brawl. I was playing against three level 9 CPUs as Pit. One of them thew a Pokeball at me, and an Electrode came out of it. All three of my enemies were in a cluster...so I picked up Electrode, threw it at them, and killed all three of them in one shot, destroying two platforms in Skyworld in the process. The audience also started cheering for me for about 30 seconds straight. That was fun. I love Electrode in Brawl, it's so much easier to pick him up and throw him before he explodes.
Next Pokemon game(s): Pearl
Last finished Pokémon game: Shield
Other games: Skyrim Special Edition (Switch), Spyro Reignited Trilogy (Switch & PS4), Okami (Switch & PS4)
Other gaming goals: completing a Living Pokedex (minus some event Pokes) and going through at least 1 game per generation

Wolf Bird

Achievements: 420

Postby SparkyIII » Mon Apr 21, '08, 8:50 am

I've always considered myself an excellent Sim person, I've only ever played the original Sim town, city 2000/3000 and a little of 4, but once I got really into it, I could do anything they asked of me. And finally got good enough to make money in a couple no matter what, saved some desperate towns and rebuilt massive cities. But I may just not know anyone who plays the Simcity games so much as I.
Everything has a pattern. Something set. Even random things. They aren't random at all, its complex mathematics. The trick is to find the pattern. Then you can exploit it.

People think things have a certain end. Taxes. Work. Due dates don't really exist. Trust me. When you put a band of world scholars in the same room, and set them on talking about anything, the most interesting topics come up. The existence of negative time. The probability of "random occurrence". The government's involvement in the media. And falsified due dates. They aren't real, trust me....
SparkyIII
Sage
Sage

Achievements: 40

Postby DrkTr14ce » Sat Apr 26, '08, 6:34 pm

Um...anything involving RPGs, a first person perspective, or puzzles? XD
Greetings to you all. I am Kahrne Annabelle Lee, a Level 6 Sprite Artist.

DrkTr14ce
Alisa Pilot
Alisa Pilot

Achievements: 36

Postby Atlinsmere » Sun Jun 8, '08, 7:24 am

What he said ^
A simple text based signature? That's impossible!
Atlinsmere

Achievements: 392

Postby luke » Wed Jun 11, '08, 11:10 am

i beat tony hawk underground in a single sitting.
luke
Agent
Agent

Achievements: 9

Postby Wolf Bird » Wed Jun 11, '08, 1:23 pm

I had a wonderful gaming moment last night, and it was once again, in Smash Bros. Brawl. It's simple...I cleared the boss battles mode on Intense difficulty! :mrgreen: I don't know how many times I died trying to do this on my roommate's Wii during the school year and then on my own. But last night, I finally got it, and not even with Pit. I used Ness to do it. It made my day, because of how long I had been trying to get through it.
Other games: Skyrim Special Edition (Switch), Spyro Reignited Trilogy (Switch & PS4), Okami (Switch & PS4)
Other gaming goals: completing a Living Pokedex (minus some event Pokes) and going through at least 1 game per generation

Wolf Bird

Postby Celeith » Fri Jun 13, '08, 7:59 pm

I just beat Breath of Fire 3 today.. Thought I'd go back and play a few oldies.. What a fun time I had. I collected every item except for the extremely rare GooKing Sword. Still hunting for that then my perfect game will be complete. I have collected every single skill in the game, mastered every Master in the game. Overall I've had fun with it. As long as the GooKing Sword haunts me I shall never be able to complete my game because of the extremely rare 0.00000001 % drop or something like that.. People have killed the GooKing for years and never gotten the sword.. Guess its up to me.. Well, guess nows a good time to start drinking, cause this thing will drive me insane. :drink_crono:
Cele~Chan Streaming
Saturday at 8pm cst and Sunday at 6pm cst.
The Subscribe button is just a click away.
Celeith
Palman
Palman

Achievements: 111

Postby Thoul » Fri Jun 13, '08, 8:13 pm

Wow, I haven't played BoF3 in ages. I should pick that one up again. I never did finish it, even though I tackled it a couple of times. I wouldn't have the patience to get that sword, though.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Postby Wolf Bird » Fri Jul 25, '08, 10:18 pm

I beat Earthbound a couple days ago, so that made me happy. It's such a great game, but it seems to be relatively unknown. It's just so freaking goofy...besides things like Happy Happy Cults and alien bees giving you your quests, it also has a basic enemy literally called the 'Big pile of puke.' Gameplay wise, it's fun; it has definitely aged quite well. It has a couple of things that I loved, like the rolling HP meter, so you have a chance to save your party members if they take a mortal blow. Plus, you can see the enemies wandering around. And honestly..you play as a little kid with psychic powers whose weapon of choice is a baseball bat. Do I really need to say anything else?

I want Nintendo to translate Mother 3 and bring it to the states! :x

Wolf Bird

Return to General Gaming