Nintendo Releases Information About Their Next Console

Examine the concepts and building blocks of games and systems with us.

Nintendo Releases Information About Their Next Console

Postby Atlinsmere » Tue Apr 1, '08, 3:54 pm

Nintendo has released information about their next console. Called the WiiNii* or Wii 2. No release date, but the console is said to be the same as the Wii, but upgraded to play newer games that are more realistic. The WiiNii comes with 5 controllers, the basic Wiimote and Nunchuk, two straps with sensors that wrap around the ankles. And a belt with a Wiimote that hangs from the front,nicknamed the Wiiner**. The Wiiner is where half most of the information is relayed from. It reads every movement and jerk. With this technoligy Nintendo is hoping to come out with more remakes of earlier games that were past the technology of the time. Take Dance Dance Revolution, which will now include a vast variety of new moves, such as pelvic thrusts, and break dancing! Since the WiiNii has no graphical updates, its release is set to be late quarter 08.

*WiiNii- pronounced Weenee, is a combonation of Wii and the japanese word for two. (Nii)
**Wiiner- pronounced wiener, is a combination of Wii and Controller

Nintendo is rumored to have been sued by Oscar Meyer and Monty Python, Oscar Meyer requires Nintendo to pay 500,000$ before being allowed to use Wiiner as the name for the controller belt. Monty Python is said to sue nintendo for using Nii in the name of the consoles name, however this failed to hold up in court as the WiiNii will probably be called Wii 2 in english countries.

There is no actual WiiNii and I will laugh my * off if there ever is one. April Fools Day everyone.
A simple text based signature? That's impossible!
Atlinsmere

Achievements: 392

Postby Thoul » Tue Apr 1, '08, 7:09 pm

:rofl: You had me up to the bit about more realistic games. Very good one... I can see Nintendo actually going for a name like WiiNii.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Postby Natasha » Tue Apr 1, '08, 7:47 pm

Good April Fool's joke! :lol:
Natasha
Innkeeper
Innkeeper

Achievements: 6

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Tue Apr 1, '08, 10:07 pm

dadburnit, Trenzer! I bought that story hook, line, and sinker - until I got to the very bottom! :yes: And, I was getting excited at the thought of some of the older games being able to be played on this new system. :hyper:

I can't believe I fell for that, especially on a day like today. :duh: :rofl:

I bought the bit about the lawsuits too and was already forming my arguments on why that wouldn't float by those companies. :lol:

That was a good one! I salute you! :salute: :clap:

(I only wish it was true, though). :wink:

Still, I can't believe I fell for that. :yaknow: :)

:rose: Happy 27th Anniversary Fringes Of Algo :rose:
~ Founded April 01, 1997 ~

Silver_Surfer1

Achievements: 499

Postby Atlinsmere » Wed Apr 2, '08, 4:31 am

Glad to hear you all liked it. Someone form another board got me with this last year so I thought I'd have to replicate the joke to share with you guys. :lol:
A simple text based signature? That's impossible!
Atlinsmere

Achievements: 392

Postby SparkyIII » Wed Apr 2, '08, 7:15 am

If only I had gotten this thing sooner, I would have messaged it to all my friends. XD

Chaz: Rika, I'll be going out for a bit. Do you need anything?
Rika: Can you get me a WiiNii?
Chaz: *sweatdrop* A what?!?
Rika: Well, some guy sold me a Wiiner, but I need a WiiNii in order to play with my Wiiner.
Chaz: RIKA?!

Rika only later finds out what she had just said. XD
Everything has a pattern. Something set. Even random things. They aren't random at all, its complex mathematics. The trick is to find the pattern. Then you can exploit it.

People think things have a certain end. Taxes. Work. Due dates don't really exist. Trust me. When you put a band of world scholars in the same room, and set them on talking about anything, the most interesting topics come up. The existence of negative time. The probability of "random occurrence". The government's involvement in the media. And falsified due dates. They aren't real, trust me....
SparkyIII
Sage
Sage

Achievements: 40

Return to Tech and Design