Best Deal

Discussing all the gaming matters not covered in the other forums.

Best Deal

Postby Thoul » Mon Feb 16, '09, 5:16 pm

Everyone wants to get the most bang for their buck when buying a game. Sometimes they're pretty expensive, after all. But other times, you can find them on sale for really great prices. What are some of the best deals you've taken advantage of when getting new games?
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Postby LordShibas » Mon Feb 16, '09, 6:35 pm

Discovering Amazon was the best thing I've ever come across for finding good deals on games.
LordShibas
Cyborg
Cyborg

Achievements: 9

Postby Lemina » Tue Feb 17, '09, 2:46 am

I got Virtua Fighter IV for about four dollars at GameStop! Problem: The save feature didn't work. So I guess that wasn't so much of a deal. So other than that, I've scored pretty good deals with most of the used games that I have.

Credits to Altin for the sig. Thank you dude! ^_^
Lemina
Esper Apprentice
Esper Apprentice

Achievements: 29

Postby Thoul » Wed Feb 18, '09, 3:58 am

Last year (or maybe the year before), I found Tales of Phantasia GBA at a Toys R Us. It was marked at $20 I think, but rang up for $6 at the register. That's pretty good for a new game. :D
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Postby Lemina » Wed Feb 18, '09, 10:33 pm

^Woot! Good deal~ That story does remind me of one of my own.....I saw a new copy of Grandia II for the PC at a Best Buy. It was marked like 14.99, and rang up as such. Which was lucky, because there was another new copy of Grandia II nearby marked at 19.99. :D

Credits to Altin for the sig. Thank you dude! ^_^
Lemina
Esper Apprentice
Esper Apprentice

Achievements: 29

Postby Wolf Bird » Wed Feb 18, '09, 10:37 pm

Most of my good deals are on used games, not new ones. But when I got a new copy of Okami, it was only forty bucks, not fifty. Great deal as far as I'm concerned because of how much I freakin' love and play that game.
Next Pokemon game(s): Pearl
Last finished Pokémon game: Shield
Other games: Skyrim Special Edition (Switch), Spyro Reignited Trilogy (Switch & PS4), Okami (Switch & PS4)
Other gaming goals: completing a Living Pokedex (minus some event Pokes) and going through at least 1 game per generation

Wolf Bird

Achievements: 420

Postby Darkil » Wed Feb 18, '09, 11:00 pm

Well I got Fighters MegaMix on the Saturn for FREE[not trying to brag]. This was back when I worked at Sears and they were moving the game dept around. A friend of mine worked there and he gave me a whole bunch of demo games, including that one. I also got PSO Ep 3 for FREE since someone traded it in at Gamestop and it wasn't in their system. Of course neither came with a book and Fighters MM didn't come with a case but free is better than cheap.
Shhh my common sense is tingling
Darkil
Dezorian
Dezorian

Achievements: 54

Postby Snorb » Thu Feb 19, '09, 4:03 am

Abandonware/slightly dubious downloaded full games don't count, do they? =p

Hmm... the Activision Anthology for PS2 only set me back $12 back in '04, which I think is more than well worth it for 50 Atari 2600 games plus game commercials and 80s music. (Or as I call it, "Pressure Cooker, Pitfall!, Kaboom!, Freeway, Atlantis, commercials with Phil Hartman and Jack Black, plus about forty other games I'm never gonna play again.")

Another deal I got in '07 was a pretty nice one: Space Quest Collection (six games), Leisure Suit Larry Collection (five games), and Septerra Core, all for $45 total.
Read my social stuff!
The ramblings of an oldish geezer on Facebook.
@SnorbESnorb on Twitter. The "E" stands for "Everything."

Play my games!
The ArrrPG - A game I made about being a pirate. This be a first draft, matey! Though it plays just fine, clap yer eyes on th' eventual Revised an' Expanded Edition and you'll be pleased, by thunder!

Nakama: A Card Game of Magical Girls - A completely un-playtested card game about being a magical girl.

Well, excuse me while I defy all laws of logic and common sense and do it anyway.
Snorb

Achievements: 124

Postby Lucas » Thu Feb 19, '09, 7:44 am

I got Xenosaga Episode II brand new with the bonus DVD for only $44.95 considering on its first release here it was $99.95 the most expensive PS2 game in Australia next to the Guitar Hero Series. I also bought Crimson Tears a few weeks ago for $7.95 cheapest PS2 I ever bought. Oh and the King of Fighter XI I bought for my PS2 for only $29.95 considering only 1000 copies of it were released in Australia that was a cheap price for the rarest game in the series. :wink:

"It's always fun to kill a god." ~ Akuma (Marvel vs. Capcom 3)
Lucas
Protector
Protector

Achievements: 175

Postby Schala Zeal » Fri Feb 20, '09, 7:03 pm

I got a new copy of Okami (Wii version) for about 34.99, much cheaper than the other new Wii games. The game seems like a masterpiece to me, so it was a screaming deal! Another great game I got for cheap was Fire Emblem for the GBA; it only cost me eight dollars. :D
Schala Zeal
Guardian
Guardian

Achievements: 21

Return to General Gaming