Gameboy video

Remembering the games of yesteryear.

Gameboy video

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Tue Jul 8, '14, 12:47 am

Found this video of a group of today's generation of kids being shown a Gameboy system and some accessories and it was interesting and a bit hilarious to see how they acted and what all they had to say. Take a look at this:

http://news.yahoo.com/funniest-thing-ll ... 09948.html

I must admit that makes me feel a little bit old as I can still recall how exciting it was when the Gameboy was first released. Just goes to show how much progress has been achieved since those long ago gaming days. And it makes you wonder exactly where gaming will be in another couple of years when all the current systems of today may then be considered "old"!!!! :yaknow:
Palm Sunday ~ March 24, 2024

:rose: Happy 26th Anniversary Fringes Of Algo~Founded April 01, 1997 :rose:

Silver_Surfer1

Achievements: 499

Re: Gameboy video

Postby Flames of Yagami » Tue Jul 8, '14, 5:42 am

Nice find, SS! After watching the video, the thought of seeing how future generations will react to the technology we have now (not just video games/consoles) is intriguing, but also a bit scary depending on how you look at it. Hopefully they will appreciate what has come before them instead of shunning it simply for being "inferior" to what they have (though I completely understand some confusion over what it is or how it works).

I'm also reminded of a quote that I've taken to heart from a letter in one of the more recent issues of Nintendo Power: "My kid's first game won't be the latest Wii blockbuster, but good old Super Mario Bros."
Flames of Yagami
Alisa Pilot
Alisa Pilot

Achievements: 212

Postby MrKite » Fri Jul 11, '14, 5:40 pm

I remember when the original Game Boy came out I thought it was so intriguing and I became so fascinated by it and there were so many games on it I dreamed of playing that I would never get to try until years later.
Mr. Kite, FOA's resident Alys Brangwin fanboy. Thank you Lyla2284 for making this pic that I used to make this sig.

MrKite
Sage
Sage

Achievements: 59

Postby Bragatyr » Sun Jul 13, '14, 4:13 pm

I thought this looked hilarious, stuff like this makes you feel simultaneously ancient and awesome. There really does come a certain point when you think, "Oh crap, this is exactly the way I felt about all the old stuff my parents were into when I was a kid."
Bragatyr
Sage
Sage

Achievements: 65

Postby Tweeg » Sun Jul 13, '14, 7:27 pm

Dylan is definitely a budding video game collector. The rest, well, they're the seeming majority tethered to their tablets and "smart" phones who willl be rendered dumbfounded should they ever lose access to said device.

And rechargable batteries did exist in the 80's, they were just really crazy expensive. I know because we had some... was the only long term affordable way to power the Game Boy.
WELCOME TO THE NEXT LEVEL --- SEGA
PSO Archive
Tweeg
Esper Elder
Esper Elder

Achievements: 52

Postby myau56 » Mon Jul 14, '14, 10:32 pm

All those videos are great ! :) The cildren's reactions are great too ! Nice idea :clap:
Phantasy Star Forever

myau56
Algolian Master
Algolian Master

Achievements: 209

Return to Retro Roundup