Game Gear repro of Phantasy Star Adventure in english?

Discuss the saga of Algo, where the legend began.

Game Gear repro of Phantasy Star Adventure in english?

Postby MrKite » Wed May 17, '17, 8:53 pm

I've been checking out some repro carts lately of games that previously never got officially released on certain systems or games that are homebrews or ports of already existing games, such as the fan-made Genesis port of Fix-If Felix Jr (the video game from Wreck-It Ralph) and a repro of Golden Axe III that plays on a USA system. And since Phantasy Star Adventure has an english translation out there, I am wondering if anybody knows how I can get a repro cart for the Game Gear of this english translation of Phantasy Star Adventure. Probably won't play it as much as I usually do, but it looks interesting enough for me to want to own a physical copy of. I haven't seen any repros for sale at any of the repro sites I check out, then again I'm not sure if I've seen any Game Gear repros either.
Last edited by MrKite on Wed May 17, '17, 8:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mr. Kite, FOA's resident Alys Brangwin fanboy. Thank you Lyla2284 for making this pic that I used to make this sig.

MrKite
Sage
Sage

Achievements: 59

Re: Game Gear repro of Phantasy Star Adventure in english?

Postby Bragatyr » Fri May 19, '17, 2:50 am

Interesting question, I've never seen this particular combination as a reproduction cart, unfortunately. It would definitely be a neat thing to have, since as you said the game never got an official release over here. I always wanted to check that game out.
Bragatyr
Sage
Sage

Achievements: 65

Postby myau56 » Fri May 19, '17, 12:20 pm

Would have been very interesting ! But like Bragatyr, I've tried to search a little bit but to no avail ! :( Unfortunately...
Phantasy Star Forever

myau56
Algolian Master
Algolian Master

Achievements: 209

Postby MrKite » Mon May 22, '17, 9:51 pm

Bragatyr wrote:Interesting question, I've never seen this particular combination as a reproduction cart, unfortunately. It would definitely be a neat thing to have, since as you said the game never got an official release over here. I always wanted to check that game out.

I recall playing the english translated ROM for a few minutes long ago.
Mr. Kite, FOA's resident Alys Brangwin fanboy. Thank you Lyla2284 for making this pic that I used to make this sig.

MrKite
Sage
Sage

Achievements: 59

Postby myau56 » Tue May 23, '17, 11:42 am

True that the english translation of this game is great (IMHO !) and I must continue it one day ! The fact that there seems to be no repro of PSA is unfortunate... :(
Phantasy Star Forever

myau56
Algolian Master
Algolian Master

Achievements: 209

Return to Classic Series