Gaining weight over the holidays

Celebrating all those special times in each year.

Gaining weight over the holidays

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Sat Nov 24, '07, 12:47 am

Do you worry about gaining weight over the holidays with all the scrumptious food to eat for Thanksgiving and the upcoming Christmas holiday dinners, etc.?

We have enough food left from Thanksgiving that we will be eating Turkey and trimmings for a couple days. :yaknow:

I love it all, but may have to start adding in a little extra time for exercise during these holidays. No wonder all these weight places start advertising a lot during and after the holidays. :tree:

:rose: Happy 27th Anniversary Fringes Of Algo :rose:
~ Founded April 01, 1997 ~

Silver_Surfer1

Achievements: 499

Postby Tsunami » Sat Nov 24, '07, 2:10 am

I never worry about gaining weight -- I must have a good metabolism or something since I'd have to eat a lot before I'd have to start worrying about that. All in all, the food was great and I regret the fact that I wasn't able to eat more since I was so full. :D
Tsunami
Numan
Numan

Achievements: 22

Postby SparkyIII » Sat Nov 24, '07, 2:14 am

We only gain weight over holdidays because our aunt comes down. Our joke with her was when we pick her up at the airport, as soon as there is a good silence you say, "So, don't think its about time to go shopping?" XDDD
Everything has a pattern. Something set. Even random things. They aren't random at all, its complex mathematics. The trick is to find the pattern. Then you can exploit it.

People think things have a certain end. Taxes. Work. Due dates don't really exist. Trust me. When you put a band of world scholars in the same room, and set them on talking about anything, the most interesting topics come up. The existence of negative time. The probability of "random occurrence". The government's involvement in the media. And falsified due dates. They aren't real, trust me....
SparkyIII
Sage
Sage

Achievements: 40

Postby Thoul » Mon Nov 26, '07, 10:50 pm

I never worry about it. Like most everyone, I tend to eat more during the weekend and we have leftovers for a couple of days. I might gain a little bit of weight, but I'll lose it over time during the following weeks.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Mon Dec 8, '08, 7:49 pm

Bumping this thread up again for this year at the holidays.

Are you concerned this year about gaining too much weight during the holidays?

Do you have an exercise plan in place now or ready to begin sometime after the holidays to help in your battle to lose weight or not gain too much weight during this holiday season?

I don't know about anyone else, but I am so sick of all those Nutrisystem commercials for losing weight, and all the other weight loss commercials. They were interesting at first, but now they show them all the time. It is getting to be a big turn off.

I'm trying to bicycle (stationary bike) as much as possible, but other than that I'm not doing anything to help lose weight. Other than watching what I eat, that is. It's hard during the holidays not to eat a little bit more than I should, though. I know walking helps, but it's too cold outside to walk.

Anyone have any other tips (that really work) for helping to lose extra weight gained during the holidays?

:rose: Happy 27th Anniversary Fringes Of Algo :rose:
~ Founded April 01, 1997 ~

Silver_Surfer1

Achievements: 499

Postby Thoul » Mon Dec 8, '08, 10:52 pm

Still not really concerned about it, but I have thought a little more about possibly getting more active with some kind of exercise.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Postby Lucas » Tue Dec 9, '08, 12:24 am

I actually find it hard to gain weight lol and when I do it doesn't last very long so I'm not worried about big christmas dinners or anything.

"It's always fun to kill a god." ~ Akuma (Marvel vs. Capcom 3)
Lucas
Protector
Protector

Achievements: 175

Postby SparkyIII » Tue Dec 9, '08, 6:32 am

I've actually lost alot of weight last time around. Wonder what'll happen this year.
Everything has a pattern. Something set. Even random things. They aren't random at all, its complex mathematics. The trick is to find the pattern. Then you can exploit it.

People think things have a certain end. Taxes. Work. Due dates don't really exist. Trust me. When you put a band of world scholars in the same room, and set them on talking about anything, the most interesting topics come up. The existence of negative time. The probability of "random occurrence". The government's involvement in the media. And falsified due dates. They aren't real, trust me....
SparkyIII
Sage
Sage

Achievements: 40

Return to Holidays