Futuristic Phantasy Star clothing

Quest for justice and vengeance with the beginning of the saga.

Re: Futuristic Phantasy Star clothing

Postby Rune_Walsh » Fri Mar 26, '10, 11:01 pm

Schala Zeal - Word! I'd love to wear Alys's dress. I wonder if a pattern could be found?

Rick - I agree. It's a dream of mine to go to Japan, and watch the Harajuku fashionistas. ;)

Tanith wrote:RW - I found some blue boots! They're not quite as cyan as the girl's boots from the game, but I think they'd work!
http://www.mydivascloset.com/3gobointufal.html

These seem to have a sturdier heel, and I like the extra-glossy patent, too:
http://www.mydivascloset.com/noname10.html

I couldn't find any over-the-knee boots in blue. Bah.

Oh, and the gloves, too (they look fingerless on the PSI girl, but maybe I'm just seeing things!):
http://www.eveningelegance.com/g/items/g161tq.shtml

Tanith! Image You ROCK a SOCK for finding these...!
Rune_Walsh
Sage
Sage

Achievements: 9

Postby Tanith » Fri Mar 26, '10, 11:06 pm

No problem! I'm seriously thinking about going to Otakon in Baltimore this summer, so I've had a bunch of costume sites bookmarked for a while.
Tanith
Palman
Palman

Achievements: 204

Postby Rune_Walsh » Fri Mar 26, '10, 11:12 pm

Tanith wrote:No problem! I'm seriously thinking about going to Otakon in Baltimore this summer, so I've had a bunch of costume sites bookmarked for a while.

Are you going to go as a Phantasy Star character??? :hyper:
Rune_Walsh
Sage
Sage

Postby Tanith » Fri Mar 26, '10, 11:16 pm

Rune_Walsh wrote:Are you going to go as a Phantasy Star character??? :hyper:

Well... *blush* I was thinking about going as Alis. She's not my most favorite character, but she may be one of the most recognizable. Her costume's not too skimpy, either, and I LOVE her boots.
Tanith
Palman
Palman

Postby Rune_Walsh » Fri Mar 26, '10, 11:25 pm

Tanith wrote:Well... *blush* I was thinking about going as Alis. She's not my most favorite character, but she may be one of the most recognizable. Her costume's not too skimpy, either, and I LOVE her boots.

Aaah, that is so cute! What an awesome costume that would be! And you're dark haired, right? It would be perfect. You'll most likely get asked for a picture.

I agree about her costume... the clothing worn by the other women of Phantasy Star, minus Alys and a few others, is very um, how do you say? :misspeak:
Rune_Walsh
Sage
Sage

Postby Tanith » Fri Mar 26, '10, 11:29 pm

Yeah, skimpy, for sure! Like Nei (any of the Neis)? Um, not for me!

You mentioned the other reason why Alis would work for me, and that's my hair. I don't have bangs, but I have the right length and color, so I wouldn't need a wig. Her headband is so cute, too!
Tanith
Palman
Palman

Postby Rune_Walsh » Sat Mar 27, '10, 12:53 am

Are you going to make the costume yourself?
Rune_Walsh
Sage
Sage

Postby Tanith » Sat Mar 27, '10, 1:57 am

I'll make at least part of it myself. I may seek outside help for the armor. Not that I'm a perfectionist or anything :wink:, but I generally don't care for the look of fabric armor in costumes.
Tanith
Palman
Palman

Postby Rick » Sat Mar 27, '10, 2:18 am

Well.. Nei's outfit isn't really skimpy or Rika's.

You can just consider them one-piece swimsuits and or leotards maybe. The outfits cover more than most swimsuits.

Women walk around in less at the beach and frequently in certain states.

In fact, I've got some images here of the perfect replica of Rika's outfit minus the * and the cloak. Hell, the hunewearl outfits in PSO are more modest that some of the swimwear out there. *

Anyways, Rika's armor would be easy to replicate if you would just take some football shoulder pads and.. modify them. The underside of her * would have a snap. Put the front part on, the back part, snap.

Someday a genius PS fan will start a agency and make a "girls of PSO" calendar with ps cosplay.
Rick
Android
Android

Achievements: 49

Postby Rune_Walsh » Sat Mar 27, '10, 9:09 pm

I would consider Nei's outfit to be skimpy, especially if you happen to be curvy. Rika's isn't as much; her one piece doesn't show cleavage like Nei's, and she wears a cape to conceal the "cheeky" parts. :D

Tanith wrote:I'll make at least part of it myself. I may seek outside help for the armor. Not that I'm a perfectionist or anything :wink:, but I generally don't care for the look of fabric armor in costumes.

Agreed. Some of the best cosplay costumes I've seen of PS characters actually had metal (or faux metal) for the armor parts. It makes it all the more authentic, at least, seemingly so.
Rune_Walsh
Sage
Sage

PreviousNext

Return to Phantasy Star