How can i figure what PS games are playable on the PS2?

Discussing all the gaming matters not covered in the other forums.

Postby ElmoWaycaster » Thu May 5, '11, 3:40 am

Is there a website that tells me? i want to play the Tomb Raider Games that were made for the ps on the ps2, so how can i figure out wich ones are compatable?
ElmoWaycaster
Newcomer
Newcomer

Achievements: 7

Re: How can i figure what PS games are playable on the PS2?

Postby Celeith » Thu May 5, '11, 5:30 am

All PS1 games are compatable with the PS2, depending on which PS2 you got, the fat or slim, you will notice a slight improvement on gameplay. Sometimes however. For instance my slim PS2 will freeze some games cause it gets hot easily, that is due to the lack of the fan that the fat PS2 has, however my fat PS2 runs the games perfectly cause it can keep the system cool. All in all, all PS1 games are compatable with the PS2, considering they aren't scratched to hell and back.
Cele~Chan Streaming
Saturday at 8pm cst and Sunday at 6pm cst.
The Subscribe button is just a click away.
Celeith
Palman
Palman

Achievements: 111

Postby Thoul » Thu May 5, '11, 10:38 am

There are some PS1 games that Sony supposedly said had problems on the PS2, but in most cases I think they never specified the nature of the problems. I don't know if that information would still be in Sony's support site after all this time. GameFAQs has some information about compatibility in their Playstation 2 hardware FAQs. I didn't see any mention of Tomb Raider in the one I looked at, so I would assume that game works fine.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Postby Flames of Yagami » Thu Oct 6, '11, 4:28 am

Thoul wrote:There are some PS1 games that Sony supposedly said had problems on the PS2, but in most cases I think they never specified the nature of the problems. I don't know if that information would still be in Sony's support site after all this time. GameFAQs has some information about compatibility in their Playstation 2 hardware FAQs. I didn't see any mention of Tomb Raider in the one I looked at, so I would assume that game works fine.

Yeah, Mortal Kombat Trilogy freezes up if you beat arcade mode or get a game over when you play on PS2 (and even PS3). You'll get nothing but a black screen and some music, it's kind of creepy now that I think about it...
Flames of Yagami
Alisa Pilot
Alisa Pilot

Achievements: 212

Return to General Gaming