Fringes on last.fm

Site and forum news announced on the front page.

Fringes on last.fm

Postby Thoul » Mon Apr 23, '12, 7:23 am

Following along the same line of thought as the recent establishment of a presence on Facebook, we also now have an official Fringes of Algo group on last.fm.

All of our members, or just fans of Phantasy Star in general, who use the last.fm service are welcome to join the Fringes group, which can be found here:

http://www.last.fm/group/Fringes+of+Algo

Thanks to Caged Wolf for the idea of creating this group. As most of our active members have probably noticed recently, our esteemed moderator makes use last.fm frequently. She suggested this might be another good avenue to connect with more fans of Phantasy Star.
Last edited by Thoul on Mon Apr 23, '12, 5:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Re: Fringes of last.fm

Postby myau56 » Mon Apr 23, '12, 12:14 pm

What a marvelous idea ! I'll connect on last.fm and join this group ! I'm not very often on the site but I'll try to connect more often.
Phantasy Star Forever

myau56
Algolian Master
Algolian Master

Achievements: 209

Postby Wolf Bird » Mon Apr 23, '12, 12:24 pm

myau56 wrote:I'm not very often on the site but I'll try to connect more often.

It gets a lot more fun when you start creating your charts by downloading their scrobbler software. There's a link to it at the bottom of every page of their site. Or just click here.

For those wondering, last.fm is a social networking site based around music. You download their software, and it'll upload music listening data (artist, song title, album) to your profile and generate charts. Once it has an idea of what music you like, it'll create a radio station out of your music library - think of personalized pandora. They'll also send you free legal downloads, keep a list of artists you should like based on what you're listened to, and also recommend any events to you. All groups (like our fringes group) also get a streaming radio based on the music listening habits of all the members. The basic service is free, and you get a fair amount for it! There's also a subscription for it, but I'm not sure what additional services you get.

I think it's fun, myself. But in light of this announcement, anyone who's interested in joining and has questions, feel free to ask me.
Last edited by Wolf Bird on Mon Apr 23, '12, 12:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Next Pokemon game(s): Pearl
Last finished Pokémon game: Shield
Other games: Skyrim Special Edition (Switch), Spyro Reignited Trilogy (Switch & PS4), Okami (Switch & PS4)
Other gaming goals: completing a Living Pokedex (minus some event Pokes) and going through at least 1 game per generation

Wolf Bird

Achievements: 420

Postby myau56 » Mon Apr 23, '12, 12:41 pm

Yes, feel free to ask her as she know this site far better than me ! Very good explanation :) Hope we'll have a lot of persons in this group.
Phantasy Star Forever

myau56
Algolian Master
Algolian Master

Re: Fringes on last.fm

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Tue Apr 24, '12, 2:41 am

Sounds interesting. I do love music. However, I'm not very familiar with the site and all I basically know about it is from reading CW's posts, signatures, etc. I might try exploring it a little further to see if I think I might like being a part of it, when I get some free time that is.

I do think it's terrific for the Fringes Of Algo site to be involved there and hope it does well! :clap:
Palm Sunday ~ March 24, 2024

:rose: Happy 26th Anniversary Fringes Of Algo~Founded April 01, 1997 :rose:

Silver_Surfer1

Achievements: 499

Postby Wolf Bird » Tue Apr 24, '12, 2:44 am

It's pretty easy to get started - just sign up for an account and download/set up their software, then listen to some music on your computer/mobile device, if you have one. Takes maybe 10-15 minutes... the rest happens basically automatically. :) Admittedly, it's not perfect, but nothing really is.
Last edited by Wolf Bird on Tue Apr 24, '12, 2:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
Other games: Skyrim Special Edition (Switch), Spyro Reignited Trilogy (Switch & PS4), Okami (Switch & PS4)
Other gaming goals: completing a Living Pokedex (minus some event Pokes) and going through at least 1 game per generation

Wolf Bird

Postby myau56 » Tue Apr 24, '12, 10:24 am

Yes, the site is very easy to use indeed ! Don't hesitate to connect and join the Fringes of Algo group :)
Phantasy Star Forever

myau56
Algolian Master
Algolian Master

Postby Wolf Bird » Wed Apr 25, '12, 12:23 pm

Oh, anyone who has joined/thinks they might join last.fm, please friend me! If the Fringes group and its members listen to music generate collective and individual charts, it's a lot more likely we'll get some new members. :)

Wolf Bird

Postby myau56 » Wed Apr 25, '12, 9:44 pm

And all the people who are going to register on the site then join the FOA group need to friend the other members personally !:)
Phantasy Star Forever

myau56
Algolian Master
Algolian Master

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Thu Apr 26, '12, 11:36 am

Forgot about this during all the excitement of the recent egg hunt. Will try and look into this site asap.
Palm Sunday ~ March 24, 2024

:rose: Happy 26th Anniversary Fringes Of Algo~Founded April 01, 1997 :rose:

Silver_Surfer1

Achievements: 499

Next

Return to Site Announcements