Fringes on last.fm

Site and forum news announced on the front page.

Re: Fringes on last.fm

Postby Wolf Bird » Mon Apr 30, '12, 5:35 pm

The Fringes now has charts! Went and checked a minute ago.
Next Pokemon game(s): Pearl
Last finished Pokémon game: Shield
Other games: Skyrim Special Edition (Switch), Spyro Reignited Trilogy (Switch & PS4), Okami (Switch & PS4)
Other gaming goals: completing a Living Pokedex (minus some event Pokes) and going through at least 1 game per generation

Wolf Bird

Achievements: 420

Postby myau56 » Mon Apr 30, '12, 11:15 pm

Charts ? But where ?
EDIT : Found !! :hyper:
Last edited by myau56 on Mon Apr 30, '12, 11:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Phantasy Star Forever

myau56
Algolian Master
Algolian Master

Achievements: 209

Postby Wolf Bird » Mon Apr 30, '12, 11:34 pm

Charts will be on the group front page. If we have charts, I imagine there is also Fringes of Algo streaming radio now. I should check on that later...
Other games: Skyrim Special Edition (Switch), Spyro Reignited Trilogy (Switch & PS4), Okami (Switch & PS4)
Other gaming goals: completing a Living Pokedex (minus some event Pokes) and going through at least 1 game per generation

Wolf Bird

Postby myau56 » Tue May 1, '12, 7:44 am

Me too ;)
Phantasy Star Forever

myau56
Algolian Master
Algolian Master

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Sun May 13, '12, 11:59 pm

Haven't had time to visit there in a couple of days. I hope we have some more Phantasy Star folks to join up with us there. It's fun.

:rose: Happy 27th Anniversary Fringes Of Algo :rose:
~ Founded April 01, 1997 ~

Silver_Surfer1

Achievements: 499

Postby Wolf Bird » Mon May 14, '12, 4:19 am

Me too. We'll see what happens. Joining other groups (especially gaming groups) and friending others on the site might attract more folks - check your neighbors lists for people with music tastes similar to yours. I do talk about groups and such with people on my friends list, but I don't like to spam things on people's pages. But if it seems suitable at the moment, I'll be happy to post a link to the site/group on someone's wall!

Granted, I haven't used it much the last few days since my surgery, since I discovered stuff on netflix I've been watching.
Last edited by Wolf Bird on Mon May 14, '12, 4:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

Wolf Bird

Postby myau56 » Mon May 14, '12, 10:52 am

Me too : a long week end and not much time on my hands .... :(
Phantasy Star Forever

myau56
Algolian Master
Algolian Master

Postby MrKite » Wed May 16, '12, 6:12 pm

Cool, I joined. :)
Mr. Kite, FOA's resident Alys Brangwin fanboy. Thank you Lyla2284 for making this pic that I used to make this sig.

MrKite
Sage
Sage

Achievements: 59

Postby Wolf Bird » Wed May 16, '12, 6:38 pm

Great to hear!

Also, some ideas for those who have already joined if we wish to get some new members...upload an avatar (you can do that in settings - I get tons of my comments on the avatars I use), and you can also add other things to your profile. On mine I have all those things on the right hand side bar. To get your own just click on the image in my profile and it'll take you to a page where you can put in your own user name. The script tool will then generate your own tag cloud, logo banner, or whichever tool you clicked on and give you BBC code (the same language this forum uses) to paste into your profile, which is also in the settings menu. There are tons of these scripts besides the ones I have. You can find more by googling last.fm tools, or just checking other user's profiles. Basically all of them have images that you can click on to generate your own.

However, I now wonder if you can do that for groups too...

Edit: Sorry, Kite, I ignored your friend request, I didn't know that was you. >_< I sent you one.
Last edited by Wolf Bird on Wed May 16, '12, 6:38 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Wolf Bird

Postby Thoul » Thu May 17, '12, 7:34 am

Thanks for joining the group, Mr. Kite. :)

Wolf Bird wrote:However, I now wonder if you can do that for groups too...

Yes and no. There doesn't seem to be a way to put them in the side bar, as one can on a user profile. There's an Overview Text field that accepts BBCode, but whatever is entered there shows up above the Top Weekly Artists chart and Group Radio button. It's blank right now, but I tested it to see what it does.

Most tools I've found so far seem to support only users and not groups, anyway. I did find a tag cloud for groups, but it's not dynamic and the output is rather large. Last.fm has charts than can show tracks and artists for the group. I'm not sure if those are recent tracks or top tracks in the previous week. The artist seems to be the same as the weekly chart already on the group page.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

PreviousNext

Return to Site Announcements