Superman Returns

Chat about your latest viewings of the big screen movies.

Superman Returns

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Mon Apr 18, '11, 11:59 pm

I just read an article where the director of the movie "Superman Returns", Bryan Zinger, says he made some mistakes in making this movie.

http://movies.yahoo.com/news/movies.reu ... pa-reuters

Comments or Opinions???

Personally, I thought the movie was a pretty good movie and I really didn't think I was going to like it mostly because there was no Chris Reeve in there, but I did enjoy it. Too bad it didn't do better in the ratings overall though.

I must admit that some of Zinger's comments in this article really got me steamed a bit though. :fiery: :grumpy:

:rose: Happy 27th Anniversary Fringes Of Algo :rose:
~ Founded April 01, 1997 ~

Silver_Surfer1

Achievements: 499

Re: Superman Returns

Postby Aeroprism » Tue Apr 19, '11, 1:03 am

Silver_Surfer1 wrote:I really didn't think I was going to like it mostly because there was no Chris Reeve in there, but I did enjoy it.
Amen to that.

Superman is my favorite superhero. the first half hour of this movie was WHOA AWESOME!

The rest of it dragged on and on and on...
Aeroprism
Numan
Numan

Achievements: 95

Re: Superman Returns

Postby Thoul » Tue Apr 19, '11, 8:18 pm

Yeah, the first part of the movie was great. That airplane sequence was the highlight of the film. Singer said he would have tightened the first act, but it was really the latter part that was weak. Using the Donner film as a basis was a nice idea, but the rivalry between Superman and Luthor could have used some more screen time.

I also agree that the Christ symbolism hurt the movie. It was way too heavy handed. I can understand wanting to make that connection in a film, but beating the audience over the head with it was not the best way to go about it.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Return to Feature Films